Sunday, January 04, 2009

Mamma Mia

This is what has been playing in my car since Christmas and the soundtrack is fantastic!! I've been jamming to "Mamma Mia," "Dancing Queen," and "Take a Chance on Me" for nearly two weeks! I'm even trying to teach Alise the lyrics to "Dancing Queen." Yesterday while she and I ran errands, we had the CD player in the car turned up a little louder than normal and she would hold her Hannah Montana microphone and belt out, "diggin' the Dancing Queen." I'm hoping to get her on video in a few weeks once she's more familiar with the song. But if you haven't seen the movie, it's really cute! I've never been one for musicals - except for "Grease," of course. Mamma Mia maybe a little quirky and goofy in places, but I appreciate it so much more now that I have the soundtrack. I might rent the DVD in a few weeks and watch it again. Have you seen Mamma Mia? Did you like it?

Laura.Sign

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE Abba and really want to see this movie. Hopefully we can rent it soon, though I doubt Kevin would be into watching it with me,lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your family portraits!!!! We need to do that! Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't seen this movie! I wanted to see it this summer, but the hubs probably wanted to see something with more explosions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love ABBA!! Damon and I saw the Broadway version of Mamma Mia and loved it. My kids would sing along with the soundtrack as well. Then we saw the movie. At first I did not like it, but the more I see it the more I like it. I LOVE the music!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to see it, but I'll have to rent it on a night that Doug's not home. He's not much into musicals.

    I haven't heard the CD, but I've heard the songs played on the previews. I enjoy listening to that kind of music.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I only saw a stage version of it but I heard the movie is great. I love pumping the music up with the kids in the car - it puts everyone in a good mood.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I watched Mamma Mia with my mom and sisters on Christmas Eve...I LOVED it! It was so much fun to watch. I just might need to check out that CD because I love Dancin' Queen. Can't wait to see the video of Alise!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love ABBA music too. Went to the movies and enjoyed it because I was singing along, but wouldn't buy the DVD. I gave it a "B-" overall.

    ReplyDelete