Friday, January 02, 2009

First Friday Flashback of 2009

Wayne & Alise
New Year's Eve 2005

Oh, how I remember this New Year's Eve!! Baby Girl and I had traveled to the camp to meet up with Daddy for the night. As soon as I walked through the door, the stomach bug hit! I begged Wayne to take me to the nearest hospital because I thought I was dying. Later when I was camped out in the bathroom, Wayne told me, "Ya know, Laura, alot of people are going to be hanging their head over the toilet tonight!" He's so considerate. I began to cry and I said, "Yeah, but I haven't done anything to deserve this!!" It was the worst New Year's Eve of my life!!

So New Year's Eve 2008 caught us doing virtually the same thing...we went back to the camp. I made gumbo and Wayne built a nice bonfire for us to roast marshmellows and pop firecrackers. It was SO cold!! Alise fell asleep around 9 o'clock; Wayne fell asleep in the recliner, and I just couldn't will myself to stay up past 11 o'clock. When I got in the bed, I heard the countdown in New York on the TV. I thought, "Oh, well! It's 2009 somewhere!"

And THAT, my friends, is how we rang in 2009!

Here are a few pictures from our New Year's:

Daddy loved this outfit of my "pink and camo queen". I can just see my late father-in-law smiling from Heaven!




Just the Horton's....clowning around.

It was SO cold outside and Alise has had a yucky congested cough for the entire Christmas break, so I wanted to make sure that I had her bundled up well so that she could enjoy the marshmellows and fireworks. She looked so funny to me. Aunt Donna, notice the hat!! She can still wear it!!

Snuggled up on the couch watching the bowl games.

Wayne and Baby Girl riding on Casey's Rhino. Alise LOVED riding around on it. She told me that I could "sit in the back." Compare this pic to the very first one. Alot has changed hasn't it?
If you think about it, turn your television on Fox tonight and watch the Sugar Bowl. Give a shout out to the Alabama Crimson Tide!!! Woo-hoo!! Roll Tide!!!

Laura.Sign

11 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great day! We did not do much either. We are Sugar Bowl party bound today though. The kids are so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you were not sick this year. I remember that year when you were so sick on New Year's night. I felt so bad for you. I would have killed Doug, if he did that to me.

    Happy New Year and ROLL TIDE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We chilled at home too, caught an awesome nap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What precious pictures. I love that both the girls had pink. She sure is a cutie.

    And yes, "ROLL TIDE, ROLL"

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that pink kitty hat. Your new year sounds relaxing.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alise is so cute in her cold weather gear and the pink and camo jammies. Little ones grow up so fast, don't they? People have always said that kids grow up fast, but I never really understood that until I had one of my own. I'll be cheering Alabama on for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're looking forward to the Sugar Bowl tonight, too! Roll Tide!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What cute pics! Gentry is watching the game while I type. He is not looking happy...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought I commented on this! Great New Year's pictures, it sure looks like you all had a wonderful time!!!

    ReplyDelete