Monday, January 12, 2009

Dance Lessons

I am SO excited to report that Wayne's little "come-to-Jesus" meeting with Alise last night actually helped! She did not run all over the studio, give me a hard time, or tell me that she did not want to go to dance. Three cheers for Daddy!!

I am also happy to report that tonight, Gretchen showed all the moms the girls' costumes for their recital and I must say that it is $65 well spent. Alise is happy because they are pink and I'm happy because they are oh-so girly and cute! Just perfect for Alise's first dance recital. And get this! Her ballet piece will be to none other than "Butterfly Kisses." I nearly cried right there in my chair! Is this the perfect dance season or what? I don't know the exact song to her tap performance but I know that it is a country/western song.

Alise's recital is scheduled for Friday, May 22nd so mark your calendars.

Laura.Sign

9 comments:

  1. I love hearing about all the fun things you get to do with Alise. I miss out on the girly stuff having a boy! Cant wait to see pics of her dance outfits! Thanks for the comments on my blog-I love your new look too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see those pics! BTW, I love the new blog look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Lori, I live vicariously through you since my house is full of boys!! Can't wait to see all the pictures/video from her recital!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! Our girls first dance recitals are in May. Katie wasn't so tickled about her costume because it was mint green. I think she would have liked it better if it was pink as well. Tehe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved watching that video of Alise. She is so precious. I loved how her voice soften when she started reciting the Lord's prayer!!

    You should probably stock up on the kleenexes now for the dance recital. I love that song and I'm certain Alise will be adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new header and can;t wait until my daughter does dance..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet she will be just beautiful! I can't wait to see pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,

    I'm just catching up after a few days away. As a retired librarian, I love that you are checking out magazines. In my libarary, we didn't even hold back the current issue.

    Isn't dance fun? I remember how much Gretchen loved dance. Take the $65 costume fee times six or seven, that's how many pieces she was in by the time she got to high school. It was worth every penny and every second spent at the studio. Enjoy it all.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I remember the days of Dance Recitals! I loved getting a new outfit and learning my new dance...All of my recital songs hold a special place in my heart! When some of those songs come on I just want to bust out the moves from the dance, but I refrain because I am sure that I would look goofy doing some of those moves now! Butterfly Kisses is so perfect! I can't wait to see the pics!

    ReplyDelete