Saturday, January 17, 2009

Celebrating with Mr. Eastwood

Where's Mr. "Fist Full of Dollars" when you need him?!

Clint was no where to be found when I had an appointment at the "The Hair Shack" to get my hair cut, nor did he show up to foot the bill for my new set of nails, pedicure, and new outfit from Dillards (50% off I might add!)! He didn't offer to keep Alise or make it in time to foot the bill for my "pre-birthday dinner" at Copeland's, either. Imagine that! Where ARE you "Dirty Harry?"

I'm not a fan of Clint Eastwood. The only reason I probably even know the man exists is because my daddy has watched his westerns over one million times. Trust me. And if you saw my Twitter update tonight, you know that I couldn't believe that I was spending my "pre-birthday movie" at a movie featuring Mr. Eastwood himself! It was a toss up between "Bride Wars," "Marly & Me," and "Grand Tarino." I shoulda put my footdown and insisted. I mean, after all, it is MY birthday. Look, when you get to be my age and you've been married as long as I have, and you don't get to go out on dates that much with your man (because he's always hunting...), a girl's gotta take what she can get! I'm just sayin'...

So, yes. It was "Grand Tarino" and there was no flippin' of a coin involved.

I thought the movie was good. Funny in lots of parts, but with good meaning. The language was horrible, but I somehow expected that. B- in my book.

Laura.Sign

8 comments:

  1. teehee....my Mallory gets all shades of excited when she sees "toodles" on my page as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hubs and I have been thinking about seeing that. We both like Eastwood a lot. Maybe we'll leave Caroline again sometime for an "in-town" date night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a wonderful blog. I just wanted to tell you while I was blog hopping around. :) happy Weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that is a movie I will wait until it is out on DVD to see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just turned a pretty big number and agree that birthdays aren't how they used to be.

    Clint is getting so old and wrinkly? Don't you think?? Not the Dirty Hairy movie guy I remember my mom being obsessed with when I was a child. Take yourself to a matinee of something better, eat lots of popcorn with oily butter (yum) and enjoy! ;)

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    xo,

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wanted to see Gran Torino,lol! And the rest of the movies you listed. We never get out to the movies, so I'm jealous of your night out!! How great you got your hair and nails done, and a new outfit!! Happy 1 Day early birthday!!

    ReplyDelete