Monday, January 05, 2009

THE 4-Letter Word

D-I-E-T. Need I say more?

I'm not a happy dieter. The only time I was happy was last week when everyone was up at the crack of dawn running and exercising their fool heads off and I was stuffing myself with pizza, Sonic Blasts, and french fries! Nothing like going out with a big bang - and with a few extra pounds, I must say.

Never fear! Today IS THE DAY! January 5th - D-Day, indeed!

Yes {sigh}, I have a goal. Can't you tell I'm enthused? I want to loose twenty pounds by Alise's birthday. We're still planning on taking her to Disney for her 4th birthday at the end of May. If my calculations prove right, I can be twenty pounds lighter while I'm eating birthday cake with Cinderella, Ariel, and Baby Girl. Sound like a plan?

What kind of diet am I doing {sigh}? I've decided to do a low-calorie diet. I figured it was the best diet out there with the most numbers to count so I would have the benefit of the doubt. The more numbers to count, the more I can eat. For instance, on a low-fat diet, you can only have 30 fat grams a day. Heck, I'd blow that at breakfast! And I think a carbohydrate diet is even lower. A 1,200 calorie diet sounded perfect to me! A whole "1,200 points" to eat whatever I want!! So I went to Wal-mart yesterday and loaded up a buggy full of Weight Watchers and diet food. I even bought a $25 scale that keeps up with the amount of weight you loose. Heh-low, checkbook!

But guess what the best part is!? I'm even going to exercise!!! Yep, the e-word. I asked Wayne if I could sign back up at our local university's alumni center and begin walking again. They have an indoor track. The first thing he said was, "Why do you want to do that? Just get out there and walk the neighborhood a few times!!" to which I answered with a pillow to his face! Easy enough for him to say, his butt's not tied to a chair all day!!

And before I forget, I found a great website - FREE - to journal your dieting and weight loss. It calculates everything for you, which is A-mazing! I also read somewhere that people who journal what they eat are more likely to loose weight and keep it off. Hmm...it's worth a try.



Laura.Sign

17 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link of the journal. I am going to set up an account. I have a cute little notebook, but by glancing quickly I noticed that you can make graphs and charts! I am the true dorky Accountant!

    Good Luck! I am cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Laura,

    Jim and I are back on our Weight Watcher's diet starting today. From April to July, 2008, Jim lost 25 and I lost 20. I have gained 6 over Christmas and poor Jim has gained 15.

    We were exercising faithfully all fall, but slacked off in December. It's back to the treadmill, which I hate, but hey! I want to wear my 14's when we get to Nevada in February.

    Good luck.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay we are in this together I guess! Today I started Weight Watchers again, I'm counting points! And plan to use our Wii Fit A LOT! I want to be 30 pounds lighter by May!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today is my d-day too! I have 40 more of the 70 (yes, 70!!) total pounds that I gained with Caroline to lose.

    I am going back to my trusty low-carb "lifestyle". About 5 years ago I lost almost 60 pounds, and was able to keep it off for 4 years...until I got prego. Once I make it through the first 2 weeks, I am great. I get really focused, and after about a month, the results are visible enough to keep me going.

    Here's to us!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your weight loss. It sounds like you are very motivated. Keep us up to date.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Today's d day for me too...we can hold each other accountable! Just don't get mad if I call you ugly names.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im right there in dieting hell with you. today is day 1 of WW....I weighed myself about 15 minutes ago and I could just cry. I like that fitday site...wonder if you can link up with people on it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck!!! I'm cheering you on from the sidelines. :) I walked that indoor track many, many times! What fun memories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can do it!! I'm right there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm dieting along with you, and I also have a 20 lb goal. Ughh, I love to eat and hate to diet. And you go girl with getting out to walk....they say coupling watching your food with a little exercise can make a world of difference.

    Here's to you making your goal by Alise's birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Luck, I know you can do it! I am right there with you, I have 38 to lose. I lost 43 then gained back 18, YUCK! So I want to be down 38 by June 1st!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck with the weight loss. I've got to lose my baby fat by July 18 for Whitney & Zayne's wedding. Ugh! I'm not even going to think about it until about May. Why May? That's when I plan to stop breastfeeding. With this said, that leaves me with two months to lose weight. Of well, I'll do my best.

    Hey, you guys have got to tell us about Disney. We want to wait a couple more years before taking Katie & Colton. I'm getting some tips from my friends, but I'd like to get your take as well. I'm so excited for Alise. I can see her talking your head off about all the neat stuff with her big blue eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I started Weight Watchers tonight--well, actually I went to the meeting tonight--I'll start tomorrow. Today, however I have been splurging on everything in sight--all my faves!

    Good Luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so excited for you! You can so lose 20 pounds! :) Have fun with this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I go to the YMCA in Whitehouse, TX. It's not too far from my house.
    Keep your eyes on the prize. Someone once told me, "nothing tastes as good as thin feels."
    But mostly, Allow God's word to fill you and make you feel better, not food. Remember your body is a temple and when you eat, eat for health and nutrition.

    PS. your wording is cracking me up. "Hey-low, Checkbook" lololololol!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I go to the YMCA in Whitehouse, TX. It's not too far from my house.
    Keep your eyes on the prize. Someone once told me, "nothing tastes as good as thin feels."
    But mostly, Allow God's word to fill you and make you feel better, not food. Remember your body is a temple and when you eat, eat for health and nutrition.

    PS. your wording is cracking me up. "Hey-low, Checkbook" lololololol!!

    ReplyDelete