Sunday, December 28, 2008

Santa Is THE MAN!!

Santa was wonderful this year! He brought me this:
Woo-hoo!! Get ready for some videos, my friends! I am SO excited about it!

Our entire Christmas holiday was spent with my parents. We had finger foods Christmas Eve at their house and then the entire Christmas dinner the next day. My mom totally out did herself for only five people! Everything was delicious! My contribution was the desserts; I made pecan and chocolate pies. The house seemed rather quiet this year because my brother and his wife visited Misty's family in Oklahoma. When it isn't "our year," my mom and dad come over early Christmas morning to watch Alise open her presents from Santa and I make sausage bread. That's why you see them in our Christmas videos.

Wayne left right after lunch to go to the camp and Alise and I laid down for a "long winter's nap." Mom and I spent the rest of Christmas evening and night watching sappy Christmas movies on the Hallmark channel. I loved it! Alise and I spent the night with my parents that night and I got up at 5:00 the next morning to go shopping for a few hours. Wayne decided to come home early from the camp - because it was so hot - and asked me on a date to see the new Tom Cruise movie, "Valkerie." It was a good movie but with a different twist for Mr. Cruise. I had to close my eyes at the end. Mom kept Baby Girl.

We spent the majority of the day yesterday taking down the Christmas decorations. I heard a lady in the movie line tell someone that she heard it was bad luck to take down the Christmas tree before New Year's. Oh, well. Normally, ours would stay up until January 2nd or 3rd, but I was ready for things to start looking "normal" again....if that's even a possibility. Our living room looks so much bigger now, without the tree. I have been in a decorating mood. I'll have to show you later what things I picked up at Hobby Lobby on Friday.

Here are some pictures from our Christmas:


Alise's letter to Santa. Her words, my writing. But she did write her name. We still need to practice on the "s" and "e".
Opening her first present on Christmas Eve. Normally, she gets to open her Christmas pajamas on the night before Christmas, but I had given them to her early for our Christmas cards. So, this year, it was the "Mermaid head." The loot from Santa. So much for that "three-gift" idea. My new favorite pic of Baby Girl.The entire holiday, I forgot to get a family picture of us in front of the Christmas tree. The thought never crossed my mind. I can't wait to see YOUR Christmas pictures!

Today is the Independence Bowl in Shreveport. It seems odd not traveling there for the third year in a row to see my Bama play, but hey! We've moved up on the "Bowl List" this year! Go here to check out where we were last year on this day.

Laura.Sign

10 comments:

  1. I love your new favourite picture as well. Beautiful family, wishing you a happy new year.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, a coworker has that little gadget and loves it too! Super cute pics. Sofia will be home on Friday for her Christams at our house!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures! Yay for the new camera! The picture of Alise & the mermaid head is great! She looks so excited! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great gift you got! Looks like you all had a great time, especially Alise! 3 gifts? Not a chance! Especially when you only have one to buy for! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great gift you got! Looks like you all had a great time, especially Alise! 3 gifts? Not a chance! Especially when you only have one to buy for! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love my Flip video! It's so easy to use, and the software is fun to play with too.

    I heard the same thing about taking the Christmas tree down early, and my mom tried to convince me to keep it up a little longer, but I too decided that I wanted things back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your present from Santa looks awesome! I have been wanting something small to take videos with...I have never seen that before.

    I always get so carried away with shopping for Carter. I start early and just seem to keep buying. There are so many great deals and things that I think he would really enjoy...It looks like Baby Girl was a very good girl this year!

    Glad that you have a Very Merry Christmas! It sounded so nice and relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the pictures you posted! What a wonderful Christmas you had!! I agree, I LOVE your new favorite picture of Alise!! Congrats on your new camera!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, I will be curious to see what you think of the new camera. I've been contemplating that purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a little behind on checking blogs.....I love the Christmas pictues! It looks like Alise had fun! I love her hair--she looks so cute!!
    We didn't get good family pics either. I thought about it too late! We'll have to remember it next year for sure!

    ReplyDelete