Friday, December 19, 2008

Parties, Parties, Parties

Party #1 started at 9:00 this morning. It was my office party. Who says accountants don't know how to party? Or eat? I have got some great cooks in my department. We decided to do something different this year by having a Christmas brunch. We had everything from hashbrown casserole to kaloshes. My sausage bread was gone pretty quick even though I forgot to add in the onions. We ate all day! Somebody please pass the pink stuff.

Party #2 started at 10:30. It was Alise's school party and I was there with bells on. I am so thankful that my job allows me the time to go to all her fun activities. Ms. K was there, too, visiting from her maternity leave. Alise was so excited to see me! All her little friends wanted me to sit by them and they wanted to see my camera. Alise's class had chicken nuggets, fruit, cheetos, and cheese for lunch. The reindeer cookies were a hit! Most of the students left with their moms after the party and I thought Alise would go into meltdown mode when I told her I had to go back to work for a meeting (I had been bracing her for two days). She ended up being okay with it when I promised that I would be back to pick her up at 3:00 and she wouldn't have to go to extended day.

Here are a few pictures, but they aren't that good. I couldn't convince the kids to step back because they were too close.

The "Three Amigos" are still together...Alise, Emma, and Allie.Alise and one of her best friends, Scout. By now you've noticed Alise's antlers. We were in the Dollar Store last night and she insisted that I buy her those antlers. I didn't really want to because I didn't think she would really wear them. It was the best dollar investment!! She wanted to sleep with them last night! She wore them all day at school. I said something to Ms. K at the party that I couldn't believe that she allowed Alise to wear them - they are so tall and distracting. She said that since it was more or less like a headband and as long as she kept it on her head, she could wear it. Whatever. I think she's the cutest Rudolph ever!

After I picked Alise up at school, we headed to get her haircut so the pig-tails are probably no more for a while. I told Tiffani to bob it off short and stack it in the back. It looks so cute!

Then we went to Target and boy, was it crowded! As soon as I walked in the store, I thought, "What in the world am I doing?" We shopped for about an hour and then we came home. Right now we're waiting for Wayne to get home so we can "revive" the "Horton Friday Night Ritual." Because it's so warm, yet again, here, he decided to wait and go to the camp tomorrow night. Chic-fil-a, here we come!

Have a great weekend!

Laura.Sign

5 comments:

  1. I love Alise as Rudolph! She is absolutely adorable!! What a fun day you had, I'm jealous :-) Have a wonderful weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alise is a doll! I want to see pics of her new haircut! :) I'm getting ready to get Ella's chopped off in the back. I ALMOST got up the nerve yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, where do you work and where does Alise go to school. I have a young friend that teaches at OCS & just wondered. Also wondered if you were in Public Accounting. You could email me if you prefer to not post personal info on the WWW. conville@suddenlink.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment on our blog! Nice to have you stop in for a visit. I forget what link I clicked on to find you last week. Nice to (kind of) meet you! You have a beautiful family. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the antlers--too cute! Looks like she had tons of fun at her party. I'm off to brave Target today--i am afraid, sister.

    ReplyDelete