Monday, December 15, 2008

Not Me Monday



So, here I am again. Another "Not Me Monday."


1. I did not have a "date night" with my man this weekend. We did not have a babysitter or go to see "Four Christmases" and stuff ourselves with Mexican food afterwards. I do not live for queso (aka "cheese dip"), but the orange kind only.


2. "Four Christmases" was not the funniest movie I have seen in a while and I did not laugh my head off. Neither did my wonderful husband. Nope. No laughing.


3. I did not buy cheap satin sheets at Target this weekend and somehow already manage to stain them by accidently getting Gain Fabric Softener on them. Who knew? My man and I did not go to bed Saturday night singing "Satin Sheets" together. That was not TMI.


4. I did not slave for nearly three hours yesterday afternoon baking Christmas goodies while the rest of my family was at the movies. I did not think that I was in hog-Heaven and break out dancing right there in my tiny kitchen to "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" via our satellite. I did not make fudge, white pretzels, peanut butter balls, peanut butter tassies, and, yes, red velvet cake balls. I was not disappointed with the cake balls because my chocolate bark got goey and gritty. I was not IM'ing Leigh and "dipping" balls at the same time. I just love dipping things in chocolate. Not!! I did not get a headache from all the chocolate smells or have reoccuring thought-mares of my youth and Martha Washington Balls. Maybe there was just too much dancing? Oh, and I also did not wash more than one load of clothes while baking, either.

5. My husband did not go to the camp for the 52nd weekend in a row only to leave me alone yet again with my daughter. He did not come home only to tell me about all the deer he saw but didn't shoot. I was not totally confused about that one.

6. My daughter was not the best little girl she has been in weeks. It does not help that her Daddy threatened her life before he left to go to the camp. I did not reward her by taking her to the Children's Museum for the Christmas festivites on Saturday morning and then on to McDonald's for lunch.

7. I did not beg Wayne to please, please, please take me to New Orleans on January 2nd to see my Bama team play in the Sugar Bowl in between bites of queso cheese dip Saturday night. I did not even go so far as to suggest that "maybe" I already bought us tickets - Merry Christmas, Baby! I did not see a little smile come across his face. I did not come clean and tell him that okay, I really did not have tickets. He did not, in turn say, "Good! I really want to watch it from my recliner instead." UGH!!

8. It is not raining yet again with another cold front on the way. I don't wonder how in the world we all aren't sick because of our rediculious weather. I do not wish for a white Christmas.

9. Oh! And do not go to Boomama.com and check out everyones' holiday decorating online. It's not a great idea!!

Laura.Sign

10 comments:

  1. Hi Laura, Thank you for leaving your message on my page. I've enjoyed reading both of your blogs and getting to know you better through them. Seems like you and I are a lot alike! Your tree is stunning! I'll have to not see Four Christmases! Doesn't look funny at all! BTW: I love Francine Rivers!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering if Four Christmases was as funny as it looked in the previews!! Sounds like "did not" have a great weekend!!! I'm loving Boo Mama's Christmas Tour of Homes! It's great to see everyone's decorations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love reading these posts on Mondays! :) Has that Children's Museum always been there? Never knew about it! Might be something we need to come check out when the weather gets WARMER! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, do I see Four Christmases? It is on our list. There are so many good movies out right now.

    I'm about to go to Boo Mama's when I finish here.

    Have a happy week.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to see Four Christmases so bad! Maybe I can talk Josh into that this weekend, if he is not at work.

    It sounds like you had a very busy weekend NOT doing all those wonderful things...I love Rockin Around the Christmas Tree...it is one of my all time favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be sending you my address shortly so you can send me some Christmas cookies :) Just teasing, but they sound so yummy!

    Happy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, maybe you can help me with this one-my hubby is taking me to the movies for my birthday and I cant decide between four Christmases or Twilight! We dont get to go very often so I must choose wisely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the Four Christmases update. Not that I will get to go see it.... but good to know.. LOL

    Thanks for sharing your not me Monday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. TOO FUNNY IDEA!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this post. You have NOT been having some good times lately (minus the new sheets).

    ReplyDelete