Saturday, December 13, 2008

Michelle Obama - What Should She Wear on Inauguration Day?

I'm ticked that Obama is being inaugurated on my birthday. It takes away from MY day!!! Just WHO were those Founding Father's that decided that a new president should be inaugurated on January 20th? It certainly couldn't be my mother's fault for going into labor that Saturday morning thirty-six years ago - on Nixon's inauguration! I guess that means I am resolved to be a "democrat baby"?!

Anywho - the whole point of this post was to get you to check out the sketches for Michelle Obama's wardrobe for the big day. Go here to check out the article and make sure to check out the slideshow (link on the left side). There are 40 sketches.

Which sketch is your favorite? How do you expect Michelle to dress? Flashy or very low-key?

Oh, and I had to use spell check for the word, "inauguration." I'm just saying....

Laura.Sign

6 comments:

  1. What designer is not dying for that gig? I liked several of the designs, especially Diane von Furstenberg, Monique Lhuillier, Marc Jacobs, and Oscar da la Renta. I normally like Betsey Johnson, but not so much for the 1st lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved them all except Betsey Johnson,lol! Hoping she'll choose a better dress than election night, I was not a fan of that dress, but she looks beautiful in anything I think! I know what you mean about taking away from your day,lol, my birthday is January 30th, and it always, usually coincides with SuperBowl weekend,lol! Kind of takes away from my big day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll let you have my Christmas Eve birthday!! I never really have a birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry that you have to share your day! I like all the dresses but would like to see her looking elegant and not flashy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am sure we share the same pain of trying to get our precious girls to smile for the camera! Your little one is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, my birthday is September 11. Enough said...

    I suppose it would be more appropriate to have Inauguration Day as my birthday, since I'm a civics teacher!

    ReplyDelete