Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Looking Back Over 2008 - Part Two

Looking back continues:

June was a busy first month of summer! Let's see, there was Diego Live, Alise's first mani-pedi, a tribute to my father-in-law, and the sheer torture of swimming lessons that began at the end of the month. I was so excited about Alise taking swimming lessons, but I think the experience marked her for life. She still talks about it and reminds me all the time that she doesn't want to go back. What's a mom to do? Oh, and I can't forget the birth of our favorite cousin, Analeyah.

We celebrate three birthdays every July.

Alise started Pre-K3 in August. It was a very emotional first day of school, especially after finding out that she had been separated from her friends that she had previously gone to daycare with. But before that drama, there was cheerleading camp, at a local high school that Alise still talks about to this day! She's ready to go back! And who could forget this and especially this?
The highlight of our year happened in September.

The last three months have absolutely flown by! It seems like yesterday it was October and I managed to talk Wayne into driving to a bayou close to our house and actually "posing" for family snapshots! I thought they turned out beautiful and I had planned to use them as our Christmas card until I saw everyone else's Christmas pictures and got other ideas. And this was my favorite "Friday Flashback" ever!

I was bitter in November and wrote a rather disgruntled letter to Sonic. A few weeks later, I thought I was literally dying. I guess that's what I get for being so ugly. However, I think I redeemed myself here.
And here we are to the very end of December. My heart is filled with such thankfulness and joy. God has truly blessed me with a wonderful husband and precious little girl. And beyond all that, He poured Himself into a tiny baby laying in a manger so that we might all come to know Him personally.

I am excited about 2009! I hope you have a great New Year!
Laura.Sign

3 comments:

  1. maybe 2009 will bring a new bundle? hey--a girl can hope huh? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Horton Family.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I linked to you through twittermoms....Im new there too...love your blog header!

    ReplyDelete