Monday, December 01, 2008

Introducing......

Hi, Everyone! My name is Jack and I'm one of those elves from "Elf on the Shelf."

Santa thought it would be a great idea for me to come stay with the Horton Family for the next 24 days. It seems Laura was needing a little help in the disciplinary department with Alise. Whew! That girl has got some sass! I'm just saying.... I heard Laura gasp this morning, "Santa, did you hear Alise's smart mouth?" And Alise answered, "He can't hear you! He's at the North Pole!!" I sure hope she makes it on the "nice" list again this year. I sure would hate for her to miss out on that bicycle, Leap Reader, Mermaid head, and all the other things that Laura said she wasn't going to buy but did anyway. {Wink}

Here is a picture of me hiding and waiting for Alise to find me tonight.



I popped in around 9:30 Sunday night. My purpose is to report to Santa every night regarding Alise's behavior. I return to the Horton's home each morning before Alise wakes up and she has to find me. I like to hide in a different place when I can. I don't talk, but Alise can talk to me and she did tonight. She told me she was eating pizza for supper. I even brought my own personal book!
Here's one of the last pages of my book. I think Laura forgot to write my name down, but Alise decided to name me, Jack. I'm hoping to become a Horton family tradition.
Tonight when Wayne got home, Alise grabbed her daddy's hand and brought him over to me. She said, "Look, daddy! We've got company!" I wanted to laugh so hard.


Well, I'm off to the North Pole. Gotta report to Santa before he eats those last few cookies and nods off for the night. Wish me luck! I'll need lots of it with Alise!
Laura.Sign

14 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so stealing this from you! HEE HEE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jack..... Can you come over to my house?!?!?!!? PLEASE.... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun!!! It will be so funny to watch Alise's reactions to him every day. We need to get one of these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We LOVE elf on the shelf--Pinkie is terrified of him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard of this one a few times. I think it is wonderful. But the boys are getting older and Jacob doesn't eally believe anymore but we have a policy till younger brother gets to that age. If you don't believe you don't receive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe if I hired one of those real elves (wink) from the mall to come by and visit they would behave a little better.

    Yeah probably not.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, you might have something there Jack. I might need to call on your friend Jane to remind Katie to get back in line before Christmas. Ha! If I even mention Santa not bringing any presents, Katie has a complete meltdown crisis. Then, she spends hours begging me not to tell Santa how bad she was and that she promises to be good from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I have heard about this and I'm totally stealing this idea from you,lol! Off to find out where to buy it from!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have an Elf too and we love our little Gracie....except when she forgets to fly to a new place--WHOOPS!

    Love the pics of that sweet baby girl. When are you going to have another precious one??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry, but I laughed out loud at her response to you about having a smart mouth! I've gotta get one of those EOTS things, we must be the only family without one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Laura,
    Where did you buy this from?! I have looked online but it's not instock at borders and barnes and noble. Maybe I have to actually go to the store? But I have the kids with me all the time, and don't want to have them see me buy it!! Love this and MUST do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is too friggin-fraggin' ADORABLE. What a great tradition! Alise sounds so much older than she really is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The author of the Elf on the Shelf book was signing copies at a Junior League Christment event.

    It looks like a really cute book.

    ReplyDelete