Friday, December 12, 2008

Flashback Friday

This is a picture of Alise sitting in Santa's chair last year at her daycare's Christmas party. If you think you see a slight tint of blue on her lips and teeth, you would be correct. That's cupcake icing. I miss those pigtails and that was my favorite Christmas jumper!

Does your little girl love the American Girl dolls? We rented this this weekend:

I haven't watched the complete movie, but one part I did see, just had me in tears. Alise loved the movie so much that she begged me to rent it again for another week. So, now.....she is in love with this:I made the mistake of showing her Kit in the AG catelog that I got in the mail, and she said, "Santa Claus is bringing me that, Mommie!" Ugh!! I just bought her a baby doll last weekend because she said that's what Santa was bringing her! I got on Ebay but was outbid; I refused to go any higher. For what the doll ended up selling for, I could have bought a new one! Wayne told me to go ahead and order it for her, but I haven't yet. I'm trying to decide if she really wants the doll.

Last night was Alise's Christmas program at school. I'll try and upload some video and pictures later this weekend. She totally cracked me up!

This weekend, Alise and I are headed to our local Children's Museum for fun Christmas activities. I plan on doing lots of baking on Sunday afternoon. Thank you for your ideas! I hope this weekend is much better than last!!
Laura.Sign

13 comments:

  1. LB and I are reading the KIT books right now. We love it!! She may get the doll for her birthday. She is getting the movie for Christmas. We love the books. My mom found a doll and books at Sam's. The doll is a miniature and then there are some books that come with it. LB is getting Samantha. Maybe that would be good - and not as expensive!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I want to hear about your museum thing - all about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I swear the moment I pop a little girl out of my body I will be buying an American Girl dolly! Hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alise looks adorable in her blue jumper with her blue accessories! :)
    I have not seen that movie! Ella made be alittle young. I can remember being pretty old and getting those American Doll catalogs. I never got a doll though even though I really wanted one... :0
    Ya'll have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We saw the movie in the theater and LOVED it! Pinkie wants Ruthie for Christmas, only because Miss Priss already has Kit. Nana is getting it for her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My neice loves American Girl!!! Good luck with the doll. My sister goes crazy trying to get the doll and accessories!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My neice loves American Girl!!! Good luck with the doll. My sister goes crazy trying to get the doll and accessories!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Laura-thanks for commenting on my blog. We share many common things-the ONLY doll my tomboy daughter ever wanted was an "American Girl". When my #2 was born, his girl name was to be Elise, & here we both are in the piney woods of North LA. Will come back & visit and see what is going on in "Funroe" as I affectionately call your hometown. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes, I see you are an accountant-well I am a retired CPA.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Laura, She is so cute. My great nieces all have American Girl Dolls. They are lovely. It's hard to make those decisions, isn't it?

    Have a great weekend.

    I'd still like to find some of those lovely scarves like you have with your rose bowls.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cade performed with his class and Laura was telling me she saw Alise with her class and she was front and center! Can't wait to see pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look at those pigtales! How cute!

    Oh my! I remember American Dolls...my little sister had a few of them. Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Alise's pigtails are so adorable in that picture, I have such girl envy!! And if I had a little girl, I would probably be broke because of American Girl, I just love it!!

    ReplyDelete