Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Doctors, Nerds, and Vince Vaughn

I saw Dr. Stanley this morning. For those of you that have been reading my blog for a while, you know what that means (we’ll be in his office within a week). Well, I didn’t actually “see” him; he passed by in his truck when I was turning into the parking lot. I recognized his truck so I waved (I couldn’t be rude to the man that I think ranks pretty much right up under God in my opinion), but I was too scared to look at him so he may not have seen me at all. Does that count? I am curious if actually “speaking” to one another is what prompts a visit to his office each and every time. I guess I’ll know within the week. I’ll keep you posted. Oh, and later, I passed (and said, “Good morning”) to one of the other doctors in his practice. Ugh! Now, I guess Alise is REALLY gonna get sick this time!! Two doctors in one day!! What is my world coming to?

Speaking of doctor’s, I have an appointment with my favorite one tomorrow. Her initials are OB/GYN. She’s the same doctor that told me this time last year that I needed to have my first mammogram and I nearly fell off the exam table laughing!!! Thank God my feet weren’t up in the air when she dropped that bomb! I’m just saying….Anyhoo, I’m actually looking forward to seeing her again – especially since I’m past the whole mammo thing - so hopefully there won’t be any surprises tomorrow. And, no, I’m not pregnant. {Laughing} Ha, ha!! You thought you knew something!! {In all seriousness} It’s called an “annual visit,” people!!

Now, I feel like I need to get something off my chest. {Sigh} I am not a Vince Vaughn fan. I’m really not even a Reese Witherspoon fan. I don’t usually watch VV (that’s not a W) movies because they can be really ridiculous and raunchy. However, (and that’s a big however…) “Four Christmases” was probably my favorite VV movie. I mean, yes, there were typical VV parts, but as a whole, the movie cracked me up. I would say it’s safe to see. But let’s face it! How many other movies are out there worth seeing right now? I rest my case. I just thought I needed to clear that whole little thought process up because some of you said that you had no intentions of seeing the movie and I didn’t know if it was because of your opinion of VV. So now you know mine.

Today in the cafeteria, I was waiting on a friend to pay and I overheard the IS nerds discussing football (no offense to them about the “nerd” part because they know they are. I have to call on them rather frequently when I can’t seem to turn my computer on. After all, we accountants could never, ever, e-vah be considered nerds, too!) I had no idea which team they were talking about, but I stopped by their table and shouted out, “Roll Tide!!” OMGoodness, did I catch heck for that one!!! These nerds started taking their cell phones out of their pockets and showing me their screen savers of their favorite teams! One guy (ahem, I mean nerd) had a Texas emblem on his. I was like, “Nerd, we would have creamed you guys!!” He was like, “No, way!” I was like, “Way! You have no defense!” He said, “Have you even seen our defense?” I was like, “Yes, I have! On ESPN!!” And, of course, there was the common question: “Didn’t you guys get beat by Florida?” and the thorn-in-my-side question, “What about ULM? You guys got slaughtered last year!” The head nerd thought it was very interesting that Wayne and I met at ULM. See what kind of people I have to work with?

Alise has developed a case of the “I-don’t-want-too’s.” She doesn’t want to dance; doesn’t want to go to school; doesn’t want to eat breakfast; doesn’t want to clean her room, blah, blah, blah. I have developed a case of “If-you-don’t-do-what-I-told-you-to-do-I-am-going-to-break-out-my-wooden-spoon!!” Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. I personally think that she gets this attitude just to spite me. I think maybe she is tired of school just a bit, but Ms. K comes back from maternity leave in January, so I’m hoping things will get a little better. As for dance, it breaks my heart that she doesn’t want to go, but once she gets in her class, she does fine. I am making her stay with it because she is not going to be a quitter and because I have already paid her recital fee and costume. If she doesn’t want to start back in the fall, then I won’t make her. She seems to still be liking gymnastics.

OH!! I forgot to mention the best news!! Remember this? Well, Saturday night while Wayne and I were in Target, I found a small, AG boxed set with a miniature doll of Kit, the DVD, and a small book. AND…it was on sale! I got it for a third of the price of the big doll. After Alise told me what to write for her Santa letter at the Children’s Museum, and there was no mention of the Kit doll specifically, I knew that I should wait on getting her the bigger doll. I think she’ll be happy with this gift for now.

Laura.Sign

9 comments:

  1. Gentry would be so proud of your unabashed, "Roll Tide!" You guys crack me up! The only thing I can relate it to is my passion for four inch heels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aidan has developed the same case of I Don't Want To's...Our once very laid back boy has gotten some attitude now,lol. Not fun for me, especially when Kevin comes home really late from work for a whole week! I hope you don't end up in Dr. Stanley's office, but you crack me up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to go see that movie but I am a Reese fan! Loved your Monday post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post--first of all, I am planning to see that movie over the weekend sense I am a free woman right now, second - my answer to Sofia's I don't want to's - when she asks me for snack, to play, etc. I would tell her I don't want to...it worked like a charm after about a week of me (and for you Wayne, too) telling her I or We don't want to at her requests, I hope you don't get sick! We have a whole slew of IS or as we call them BT nerds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no..... I forgot about the I don't want to's. Isaac says o.k and then doesn't. But not saying I don't want to yet.... I'm sure we will be going through that soon =( Stay well!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great post! I have been quite entertained reading it! I love the roll-tide incident!! And yes, what a great memory you have -Kenny is the brother with the Christmas story blog that I posted!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun post. We are definitely going to see Four Christmases.

    Good for you for making Alise stick it out. I agree, if she wants to give it up in the fall, so be it. This from the mother of a one time professional dancer. My heart was broken when Gretchen told me at 32 she wasn't dancing anymore. Not even taking class. Oh well, it's her life, right?

    Sorry for going on so long.
    Have a great day.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked 4 Christmases too. Seen it Thanksgiving night.

    And when I get our pictures back from yesterday you are gonna love the one of me and Richard standing under the Houndstooth Umbrella. Oh yeah it rocked.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We went to see Four Christmases, too, and we also thought it was quite funny! I laughed out loud several times.

    ReplyDelete