Tag Everyone!! You're it!!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate!!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa wraps everything.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Multi-colored lights on Alise’s tree; white everywhere else.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? I don’t hang mistletoe, but my mom use to. And, yes, Wayne and I have kissed under it (after it hit him in the head because he is so tall)!!
5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving. I got a little ansy this year.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? My mom’s candied sweet potatoes! Wayne would say my favorite is green bean casserole because I make it EVERY holiday and he hates it. I like it, but nothing compares to my mom’s sweet ‘tators! (My father-in-law would be proud!)
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child. There are so many…mostly of getting the specific toy that I wanted. We always went to my Grandparent’s house on Christmas; dinner at one house and finger-food type things at the other. Lots of cousins and a room full of wrapping paper to pick up after the gifts were opened.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Someone at school told me. I was devastated. It ruined my whole year.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes. It is always pajamas. My mom started this tradition with me and my brother when we were growing up. We could always open one gift on Christmas Eve and that’s what it was…pajamas! Even though we knew what it was going to be, we were excited about opening that one gift early. I’ve started this same tradition with Alise.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? I have a Victorian Christmas tree. All mauve and pinks and gold and silver. Lots of beads, organza netting and rose garlands, crosses, ballerinas, cupids, lots of pearly and Cameo baubles, a Precious Moments ornament from 2005 which is Alise’s, a Mickey Mouse ornament that is Wayne’s (I hide that one way in the tree) and my ornament is a silk one of Pinkie.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it! Here in Louisiana “A” single snowflake means “snow day”…no school or work!
12. Can you ice skate? No, but I love to watch it on TV!!! I’ve always wanted to try.
13, Do you remember your favorite gift? The first Christmas Wayne and I were married, he got me a 3-piece amethyst slide for my slide bracelet (that he gave me as a wedding gift). It meant so much to me because it was our first Christmas, we didn’t have a whole lot of money and yet he still wanted to make it special for me!
14. What is the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Just trying not to get caught up in the hustle and bustle and commercialism of Christmas. Wanting to teach Alise what the real meaning of Christmas is all about. That, and trying not to run over anybody at the mall!!
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Chocolate pie! And white covered pretzels – I can’t eat just one.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I have lots of favorites….Christmas cards, baking cookies, fireworks on Christmas Eve, eating, and more eating!!
17. What tops your tree? An angel
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? “My Christmas Wish” by Natalie Cole; “O Holy Night” by Josh Groban.
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Yuck!
21. What do you want for Christmas? To take Alise to Disney World for her birthday
22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party? We attend various parties.
23. Do you dress up on Christmas or wear PJ’s? I dress Alise up for the day – much to her disliking and, of course, we all wear our new pj’s to bed!
24. Do you own a Santa hat? Bought one just last week!
25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with? Family and friends