Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Card Carousel 2008

Merry CHristmas from the Horton's!! My bloggy friend, Audrey, designed our Christmas cards this year and I absolutely love them!! Check out her card designs here. Be sure to jump on the card carousel. Better late than never.

We had a rather quiet weekend. We slept in Saturday morning and then Wayne and Alise ran some errands while I went to see my Grandmother (She was diagnosed with three brain tumors right after Thanksgiving). We met up at lunch time so I could get Alise and Wayne could go to the camp. Baby Girl and I ran errands and ended up at my parent's house for the evening. We ordered pizza and watched the Christmas version of "Dennis the Menace." Today, Alise and I went to church and afterwards we ran to Walmart, where I caved and bought the pre-cut cookie dough that had the icing included. I guess my holiday baking mood has come and gone.
We also recieved several packages with Christmas gifts this weekend. The first to arrive was from our friends, The Cooks, in Oklahoma. They sent Alise a fairy dress up outfit and the cutest pajamas. Carrie also sent me some Amazing Grace fragrance - my favorite! Thanks, Doug, Carrie, Lauren, & Allie Grace. The next package arrived on Saturday and it was from our Alabama cousins. Doug, Mirya, and Katie sent Alise some bath soaps, a Fur Real animal, and a Hannah Montana microphone with lip gloss inside it. Alise loves all three!

Doug and Mirya got Wayne and I a "Roll Tide" platter. I love it!!!It has been rather cold here today....unlike the last two days, which were in the '70's. The low tonight is 22 degrees. I told someone that it's a wonder that we're not all sick with pneumonia due to the flip flop of the weather. I personally like the winter time....I like to bundle up and layer my clothes, so I wish it would get cold and stay cold.
So these are the final days before Christmas. We hope you have a wonderful time with your family and friends.
Laura.Sign




14 comments:

  1. supre cute card and I am loving Alise's haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cards are so cute!!!! I love all the pictures too! I hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your card!!! :)
    Hope ya'll have a Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Alabama planter!! Roll Tide!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new do! And super cutie cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cards are adorable! Thanks for the link-I may use her next year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Christmas card is super cute!! I love the poka dots!. Alise is adorable and I loved those pictures of her party.

    Glad to hear you dream OU won! Tell me...have all your dreams come true!!!??? I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alise looks so adorable in the Christmas Card!!! And what wonderful friends and family to send such thoughtful and wonderful gifts :-) And we're baked out here as well, I made my last batch of chocolate crinkle cookies this morning, and we're done!!! Only 3 more days until Christmas, I can't believe it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will probably do the precut cookies for Santa. A girl can only do so much! Love the xmas card. Have a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great presents--and I LOVE that Roll Tide platter.

    Your Christmas card is TOO cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Christmas in the mail! :) We have 4 gifts under our tree that came in the mail...waiting for Christmas day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. MERRY CHRISTMAS, Laura to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your card...so cute! It sounds like your Christmas is off to a good start!

    They have sugar cookies that are already cut out and with the icing? I went the easy way this year too.

    Have a Very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is magnificent!!! Love it! Just found the card carousel today and am glad I did!! I love Christmas cards!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete