Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tuesday To Do List

1. Pick up the babysitter. Check.

2. Pick up donuts for the babysitter and Alise. Check.

3. Go to work. Check.

4. Speak to no one until I have a Diet Coke in my hand.

5. Email doc that if she doesn’t hand over another prescription soon, I WILL go postal!! It’s nice having a friend and her CRAZY nurse in high places! Since when did I become so “I-want-it-NOW”?!?! I think it all started with the epidural-thingy about three and a half years ago!

6. Wonder why the chocolate cake (from scratch) that I made last night didn’t rise. Rachel, cake-making-goddess, can you help a Sista out?

7. Ask myself if I have enough energy to make both the pecan (pronounced correctly in my southern-belle-Scarlett-O’Hara drawal, /pah-cahn/) and chocolate pies tonight.

8. Don’t forget that the Peanuts Thanksgiving Day Special comes on tonight at 7:00.

9. Fear the Oklahoma Sooners.

10. Contact Audrey about Christmas card ideas.

11. Continue getting great Christmas card ideas from my blog friends. Awesome ideas, Sistas! (Did I tell you that I got last year’s idea off Ebay? I’ll have to post our card from last year….when I find it!)

12. Decide, decide, decide what I am going to do about taking off work during the Christmas holidays and turn the request form in. Last year I took two weeks. I am a PTO bank hog!! I hate to use PTO and my hours roll over every year!

13. Continue to wonder if I am doing the right thing by sitting out Black Friday this year. Is it truly possible to do?

14. Have Wayne get all the Christmas decorations down before he goes hunting later in the week. Also, he needs to find the lost bag of icicle lights.

15. Win argument with Wayne over whether or not to use “net lighting” this year over our azalea and hawthorn bushes in front of our house. Check. I won.

16. Find Alise some hot pink/fushia tights to wear with her picture with Santa on Saturday at a local children’s shop.

17. Fear the Oklahoma Sooners.

18. Remember to take Alise’s Halloween candy to work and leave it in the break room. Leave is the key word. After all, ‘tis the season of sharing.

19. Stop by the grocery store on the way home and pick up heavy whipping cream for the chocolate cake icing.

20. Ask the babysitter if she can keep Alise one night while Leigh and I go see the movie, “Twilight.”

21. Take the babysitter home.

22. Fear the Oklahoma Sooners.

23. Order a pizza for supper.

24. Gladly call it a day when the Peanuts’ special comes on.

25. Dream about beating the Oklahoma Sooners in a bowl game.

Laura.Sign

7 comments:

  1. I understand - Fearing the OU Sooners is on my list as well. We are praying for a 1 point win for them this week and a total Texas domination of Texas A&M Thursday - this way Texas still stays above them and can go to the Big 12 Title game instead of them. Then maybe we will have a split national championship house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I LOVE the Peanuts Special :) And it's so funny, I just sent hubby to work yesterday with our leftover Halloween candy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one busy lady. It is funny that you mentioned bringing Halloween candy to work...I just did that yesterday...it will all be gone in a matter of days!

    To answer your questions about the noodles...My Granny has strong German roots and we use the noodles to put over mashed potatoes...they are boiled in turkey broth or something, but you could use them for pasta by boiling in salted water...funny comment about waht we have a Thanksgiving dinner, but we do the traditional stuff...most years anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your "To Do" list! I need to sit down and make out one of those! Thanks for the reminder about the Peanuts special! I Tivo'd it for the boys to watch since it's on during their bedtime!! Have a wonderful Tuesday and FEEL better! Oh, I did take Evan to the doctor a couple of days ago and of course he is just fine. He did let me sleep last night thank goodness, but got me up at 5 AM!! Talk to you soon!
    Audrey :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Peanuts Special is tonight??? I would have missed it, but now I won't thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Googly-Moogly! What a day! From scratch, eh? I once mixed up baking soda and baking powder in a recipe and mine didn't rise either. Or, overmixing can make a cake too dense to rise. Sorry, I know that is a pain ion the behind! Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was wondering if I was going to get a phone call to be at your house at 5:30am Friday! :) Guess I got my answer!

    ReplyDelete