2. Pick up donuts for the babysitter and Alise. Check.
3. Go to work. Check.
4. Speak to no one until I have a Diet Coke in my hand.
5. Email doc that if she doesn’t hand over another prescription soon, I WILL go postal!! It’s nice having a friend and her CRAZY nurse in high places! Since when did I become so “I-want-it-NOW”?!?! I think it all started with the epidural-thingy about three and a half years ago!
6. Wonder why the chocolate cake (from scratch) that I made last night didn’t rise. Rachel, cake-making-goddess, can you help a Sista out?
7. Ask myself if I have enough energy to make both the pecan (pronounced correctly in my southern-belle-Scarlett-O’Hara drawal, /pah-cahn/) and chocolate pies tonight.
8. Don’t forget that the Peanuts Thanksgiving Day Special comes on tonight at 7:00.
9. Fear the Oklahoma Sooners.
10. Contact Audrey about Christmas card ideas.
11. Continue getting great Christmas card ideas from my blog friends. Awesome ideas, Sistas! (Did I tell you that I got last year’s idea off Ebay? I’ll have to post our card from last year….when I find it!)
12. Decide, decide, decide what I am going to do about taking off work during the Christmas holidays and turn the request form in. Last year I took two weeks. I am a PTO bank hog!! I hate to use PTO and my hours roll over every year!
13. Continue to wonder if I am doing the right thing by sitting out Black Friday this year. Is it truly possible to do?
14. Have Wayne get all the Christmas decorations down before he goes hunting later in the week. Also, he needs to find the lost bag of icicle lights.
15. Win argument with Wayne over whether or not to use “net lighting” this year over our azalea and hawthorn bushes in front of our house. Check. I won.
16. Find Alise some hot pink/fushia tights to wear with her picture with Santa on Saturday at a local children’s shop.
17. Fear the Oklahoma Sooners.
18. Remember to take Alise’s Halloween candy to work and leave it in the break room. Leave is the key word. After all, ‘tis the season of sharing.
19. Stop by the grocery store on the way home and pick up heavy whipping cream for the chocolate cake icing.
20. Ask the babysitter if she can keep Alise one night while Leigh and I go see the movie, “Twilight.”
21. Take the babysitter home.
22. Fear the Oklahoma Sooners.
23. Order a pizza for supper.
24. Gladly call it a day when the Peanuts’ special comes on.
25. Dream about beating the Oklahoma Sooners in a bowl game.