Friday, November 21, 2008

Southern Comfort

Stay with me here. I'm not talking about whiskey.

Last Saturday night at the Bama game, Wayne and I parked a few blocks over from where we normally do. We didn't know that doing so would mean that we would be walking "The Strip" in Tuscaloosa which is only a few blocks from the stadium and consists of bars and night spots lined up right after one another. The Strip was packed with college kids and people walking to the stadium, but as we passed one of the bars, I heard this song, "Southern Comfort" blaring through one of the doors. Normally, I wouldn't have paid any attention to the music but I heard these lyrics: "Sleepy Sweet Home Alabama/ Roll Tide Roll" and I made a mental note that I would google the song when we got back home. I don't really listen to country music anymore, but it sounded like Kenny Chesney to me. Now, if this is some hit song, I'll be the first to say that I am WAY behind! Googleling Kenny Chesney and Southern Comfort got me no where and I gave up.

Today, while I had a little time on my hands - still home sick - I decided to google again and came across a new name: Buddy Jewel. And guess what? I found the song! Here's the link. Now, like I said, I may be totally behind the times, but I really like this song and not just for the Bama reference. It's just a good ol' country boy song about the south and sometimes, us southern belles need to be reminded that it doesn't get better than this! Enjoy!

Laura.Sign

4 comments:

  1. Great song!! I love Country Music!! I am sending my Super Powers your way..... Don't you feel it?!?! You do, you know you do.... LOL Get Well Soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They play that song on the radio all the time. At first I did not really like it, but it has grown on me and I like it now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better soon Laura!! I love good old Country Songs too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great song, I love it. Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete