Monday, November 24, 2008

Not Me Monday

I am not still sick. Swear it. My sinus infection – that was on the right side of my face last Friday – has NOT suddenly appeared on the left side of my face. I’m not still wheezing, coughing, or congested. My teeth and head don’t hurt. I still cannot smell or taste anything.

I did not finally resort to taking Lortab (an old prescription from my dentist) yesterday after I could not take the pain from my teeth any longer. See? I was using it for its intended purpose! And I was SO thankful that I did not get “the” call from Human Resources this morning at work asking for a random employee drug test sample. Whew! God alone knows what all they would find!!

Yes – Er, I mean, no – I did not go back to work today like an idiot. I did not have 50 zillion emails and voice mails waiting on me bright and early this morning.

I did not stay up until 11:30 last night to finish reading the third vamp book, “Eclipse.” I did not cry during the entire last three chapters. I did not FINALLY understand why there was a “Breaking Dawn” release party at midnight at Barnes & Noble in Birmingham this summer.

I did not tell my mother that I would make a chocolate cake, a chocolate pie, a pecan pie and green bean casserole for Thanksgiving dinner, all while working my “regular” job through Wednesday.

I did not muster up enough strength on Saturday night to take my little girl to the ballet premier of “Cinderella” as my bloggy friends so highly recommended (pics to follow later in the week). The look in her eyes as the curtains opened and the expression on her sweet face of “Oh, Mommie!” did not make it all (price of the tickets and me being sick) worth it. Oh, the things I would not do for her!

Laura.Sign

5 comments:

  1. OMG, I am still sick too!!! It's been three weeks of this--WHEN are we going to get better?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope you are {NOT} feeling better this week! At least it's a short week, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Laura! I'm so sorry!! I'm still sick too, and still do not have my voice back. You are so wonderful for volunteering to make all those dishes for Thanksgiving! So glad you made it to Cinderella and looking forward to seeing the pictures!! Get well SOON, I'm in the same boat!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness, that is awful. I seriously don't know how you do it...full time career & full time mom plus feeling sick. Get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I just say these Not Me Mondays that a few of you do, confuse the bajeebers out of me. I usually have to read them twice or three times!! I'm crazy.

    But all that said, I think I'm understanding you are not feeling good. :) I hope you are better real soon.

    Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete