Monday, November 10, 2008

Not Me Monday

Thanks, Lindsey, for this great idea! Here goes:

I did not spank my child this morning because she whined and complained about EVERY single piece of clothing on her body. Time out to explain. Today was spirit-shirt-and- jean-day. You would think my daughter would be happy. No uniform. And she gets out of school at 2:00 – an hour early. Nope. Her jeans were too tight. Her jeans were too loose. She didn’t like her socks. Her shoes hurt her feet. Her sweater itched. Her bow hurt her head.

I did not berate myself after Alise got out of the car for putting her and ME through such circumstances. After all, she has the rest of her life to go to school. Can I help it that she only owns one pair of jeans and she’d rather wear tights and leggings?

I did not eat a Weight Watchers frozen meal for lunch and then scarf down half of a HUGE chocolate chip cookie from the cafeteria afterwards.

I did not nearly fall out of my chair at work because my heel got caught in my long sweater. Very graceful, I must say.

I did not forget my blackberry this morning and turn around after I dropped Alise off at school to go back and get it. You KNOW how I feel about my blackberry!

I did not send my husband to work with half of the left over cupcakes from our Bama v. LSWho party this weekend.

I did not argue with a co-worker about how LSWho should have beat us on Saturday.

I did not think about the words “Christmas gifts” or “Christmas tree” at all today.

I did not let my daughter eat strawberry ice cream for supper tonight.

Check out Audrey's new Christmas cards! They look GREAT!

Laura.Sign

10 comments:

  1. I love the "Not Me Monday" stuff. I should try it sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you look to the right side of my page, click on the MckMiracle button and it'll take you to the site that started the "Not Me Monday". I haven't done it yet, but I need to!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thanks Laura!! And what a GREAT idea. Evan has been waking up at 4 AM lately, ready to start his day, so this is the perfect type of post for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that it is not just my children who complain about EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF CLOTHING I put on them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to Not Me! Mondays. These were great :) They call it a "Crackberry" for a reason - it's a drug. I know that an immediate panic sets in when I do not initially find mine while digging through my purse! Oh, and I've been with you a million times on the WW lunches and then a nice big treat to cancel it right out! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me again! You had commented on my blog a while back on a 4th of July picture I had taken of my daughter in her wagon, since then, I silently have been following along. And since I participate in Not Me! Mondays, thought I would come out and say "Hi!". Very small blogging world, it is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh... I've thought about doing this.... Thanks for the inspiration... I will start next week:)

    P.S... There is a reason I don't have a "Crakberry".... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's me again.... I forgot the "c" in "Crackberry"... SORRY:) Have a great Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the one about being graceful b/c, you know, I could definitely fall in that category. I'm a little bit of a klutz....

    ReplyDelete