Monday, November 03, 2008

My Favorite Time of Year

I know some of you out there aren’t happy campers about the new time change – that is, if it affects your area (Some states don’t “celebrate” day-light savings time), but I, for one, am loving it!! Call me crazy, but I have always liked to “fall back” in the Fall. I like the shorter days. I like to smell a fire burning. And I don’t even mind warming my car up in the mornings before we leave for school and work.

This morning was no exception with the crispness in the air here in northern Louisiana. After such hot and humid summers, the new time change and cooler Fall air are truly welcomed! I’ve noticed the trees in the woods across from our house are just beginning to turn in the bright yellow and orange colors and they are simply beautiful. What an awesome God to have master-minded the whole changing of seasons!

Here is an excerpt from our hospital’s internal magazine: “Fall is the flip side of spring. As winter approaches, nature goes through a time of decline until life seems to disappear. But in the Spring, all that appeared dead comes to life. Although fall and spring appear opposites, they have one key ingredient: change. These seasons remind us that change is inevitable. No matter how hard we might try to avoid change, it comes. The seasons teach us that change is necessary. The spring cannot bring new growth unless the old dies away in the fall. Hopefully we can learn a life lesson from nature and accept the changes that occur.”

So all this talk has lead me to the thing that I am most thankful for today and that is: Fall. I am thankful for its crispness and its hues. I am thankful for the anticipation of what appears dead to becoming new once again.

“Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold all things are become new” 2 Corinthians 5:17.

Laura.Sign

5 comments:

  1. I love Falling back too! I just wish Evan would get with it,lol! Beautiful post, Laura! I love what your hospital magazine wrote about change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post! Thanks for sharing.... I love fall weather too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Loooooooove fall! I love this post! And what a great verse at the end! Sorry I have been "quiet" with the lack of comments lately. It has been hectic around here! Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Halloween pics are just precious! I cannot believe how much Alise looks like you from your Halloween pics. What a sweet princess she was!

    I too hate to "fall back" an hour but I love the fall weather that comes with it! And of course with it comes football, and I am a HUGE GATOR fan! Watch out Bama the Gators aren't far behind ya! LOL :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fall is my favorite season, too!

    Alise looked adorable!

    ReplyDelete