Thursday, November 20, 2008

I've Become My Worst Nightmare

I think I've turned into a QVC junkie. I haven't changed the channel all day except at noon when I decided to watch the local news and catch the weather. Even Wayne - donned in his surgical mask - came in the bedroom and begged me to watch something else. A movie perhaps? Nope. A Matthew McConaghey movie? Nope (I MUST be sick!!). I've made friends with Pat, Jill, Mary Beth, and Lisa. Somehow, they make me feel better in their professionally made-up and jewelry-clad way.

I wish you could see me. Shooting kleenexes from the free-throw line of my bed. I haven't moved all day except for a long hot bath this morning hoping with everything in me that the steam would open up my lungs and I could finally BREATHE again. It helped a little. And let me just say that bronchites has got to be the worst sickness in the world!! I've got the remote (which I'm not using), my "Eclipse" book, my blackberry, the telephone, my inhaler (which I'm still trying to figure out exactly how to use...), a box of kleenex and my credit card (more on that in a minute) beside me in bed. They all comfort me. I'm sipping cranberry grape juice.

I've been rather weepy today, too. I cried this morning because I felt so bad. I cried when Wayne announced he was going back to the camp. I cried when I saw Belle, Cinderella, and Ariel in a short video on the Walt Disney website. Which is the reason for the credit card beside me. When Wayne headed to the camp, he suggested I get online and begin mapping out Alise's birthday trip next Spring to Disney World. "It will cheer you up," he said. He was wrong. He's a man. I'm still bitter.

Baby Girl went back to school today. Wayne was kind enough to play "mom" for the morning while I stayed tucked away under the warm covers. He asked me at lunch time how I thought she was doing. I said that I'm sure she was fine...she was with her friends...and she had a free dress day today.

I've decided that I am going to try my best to go back to work tomorrow. My reward will be a babysitter and the "Twilight" movie tomorrow night. I couldn't conscientiously not go to work and then go to the movie. Knowing my luck, I would get busted.

I'm off to pick up Alise at school. I'm thinking that strawberry ice cream sounds good for supper!

Laura.Sign

10 comments:

  1. Disney! Oh girl, you guys are going to LOVE IT with baby girl! I want to go back already! :)

    I am so sorry you are so sick. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon..but have fun shopping!!! I am off to the airport at about 11pm my time tonight and will be in ATL at 6:30 in the morning. MIght most while I am gone, if not, have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Icecream is always good for dinner no matter the flavor.

    Hope you wake up in the morning feeling a whole lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, Feel better and get better soon! Though shopping and planning a Disney trip sounds like a great way to start!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And ice cream for dinner is always great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, Matthew Mc is one of my favs too girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura, I got The Elf on the Shelf at a little shop here in town. I'm sure you can get one online. They have become very popular. Its such a cute tradition.

    If all else fails, I can always get one here and ship it to you. Let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Get well soon!! I will use my magical powers to make you all better.... LOL Well, it sounded good:) Rest up and enjoy your movie tomorrow night!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you feel better soon! I agree that bronchitis is the worst. I got it almost 7 years ago, and each year since on the anniversary month of that illness, I get this crazy "chest" cold where I feel like I can't complete a sentence because of shortness of breath and coughing....Ughh! I feel so bad for you just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey! We are thinking of taking Noah next year! We should coordinate and meet! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete