Saturday, November 01, 2008

Happy Halloween 2008!





















Who would have thought in 1976, that thirty-two years later, my daughter would be posing in my very own kitchen as a beautiful Mermaid? I cried when I put these two pictures together tonight. I am so blessed. Alise is at such a fun age right now and I absolutely love getting to see the world through her eyes and experience the fun things in life with her. (Click on the picture of Alise and see how long her eye lashes are with just a smidge of mascara!)
Just a side note: that's not anything yucky coming out of Alise's nose. There were little sequin medallions in the make-up that I bought for her to wear and so she went a little overboard sticking them all over her. She absolutely loved getting dressed up yesterday! Leigh, do you recognize the "Pink Lady" in the top right corner?

We met up with our usual trick-or-treating friends, Addison and her cousin, Kylie, for some free candy time. Because of some local high school football games in our area, alot of the houses in the neighborhood we visited were not home, but the girls still got tons of candy (see below)! Alise started complaining before we even left the house that her costume was itching her (she can't stand for anything to be sticking or itching her), so I put a t-shirt on her. I am so glad that I did, because it got really cool while we were trick-or-treating. Wayne and Clint went with us, so we moms had "protection" this year. It was the first year that they went and after seeing golf carts and trailers with hay rides speeding from house to house, the guys decided that we were going all out next year...we're going to have our own little trailer and hayride with lights and everything!! We were excited that the dads got such a kick out of going with us!

The Horton Halloween party got moved to the Adamses, which was fine with me, because they have so much more room than we do. We had chili, frito pies, and cheese dip. We didn't get home last night until 11:00. I know three little girls that were worn completely out! We had a great Halloween! Alise told me on the way home last night-nearly asleep-"Mommie, I had so much fun tonight!" It made my week.

Now. About the candy. Alise's princess candy holder thingy literally broke. Luckily, we were able to find a Target bag and so that's what Baby Girl had to end up using for the rest of the night.

I read on someone's blog that said they let their children keep ten pieces of candy and then they "donated" the remainder of the candy to an organization for children who did not receive any Halloween candy. That sounded like such a good deal to me. The Horton's do not need all this candy!

I hope you had a GREAT HALLOWEEN!!

14 comments:

  1. I am glad you liked the idea!! I found it on someone's blog as well. My Little Man is DEATHLY allergic to peanuts and he cannot even have half the candy. So the Great Jack-o-Lantern came, took the candy, and left the prizes instead!! My kids have not even missed it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that idea, Becky! May have to try that one next year (the Great Jack-o-lantern coming). Alise really hasn't noticed the candy, either. She's still eating the candy corn I've had on our coffee table!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that idea about donating the extra candy. Might have to look into that.

    I do have to say...the two of you look almost identical in those first two photos! You are so lucky to have a daughter that looks like you. Both of my girls look just like their daddy.

    Thanks for the comment about the game. I was thinking the same thing myself...

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I am watching the Texas / Texas Tech game and having a "cow"! Are you watching the game too?

    I cannot believe that Texas has lost the game! Number 1 in the nation has gone down!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alise looks so sweet!! I love the picture comparison! I just hide Sofia's candy!!!! I love her mermaid costume as well! So cute that both of our little girls were mermaids!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Alise's costume... what a cutie pie!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so precious that you have a daughter who looks just like you when you were a little girl! I just love seeing your pictures side by side! You have a mini-me!! I love Alise's costume, what fun!! I really like the donating candy idea, we have way too much! My mom used to save some of our Halloween candy for our stockings and we had no idea when we were growing up, that is a thought as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry that was my comment above! I was signed into Kevin's account!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The 2 pictures together are great!! She looks so much like you! Great idea about donating the candy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Halloween is a much better haolida when there are children to spend it with. Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alise looks so cute!! I love her costume! The *Pink Lady* does looks familiar....I'll have to show a certain someone in my house her picture!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the pictures! Alise looks just like her Mommy!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute!!

    You both look so much alike!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You guys look so much alike! :) Cuteness!

    ReplyDelete