Friday, October 24, 2008

Partyin' With The Big Girls

Tonight was Madison's birthday/slumber party and Baby Girl was in hog heaven to be included as one of the "big girls"!! She got to go to a "big girl" movie, High School Musical 3, eat popcorn, candy and a coke in the little neat box, get a tattoo (what I called her "initiation" into the group), and strut around with "earrings" (stick ons). She played games, jumped on the trampoline, and danced the night away right past her bed time...three hours later! She crashed right in to my bed! Alise thinks the world of Madison and just followed her and her friends around the entire night.

I couldn't wait to try this new FREE photo software from Becky! Go check it out!

I went to the pumpkin patch with Alise's class on Thursday, but the weather was cold and rainy, so I didn't get any good pictures. I am so glad that I went on the field trip because I got to experience it through Alise's eyes. I was amazed at how little she is compared to some of her other classmates, too. Tomorrow she and I are going back to the pumpkin patch to take our annual fall pictures. I made her promise to cooperate tomorrow since I let her stay up so late and have "so much fun", as she put it on the way home. We'll see.

We had our first parent-teacher conference with Ms. K last night. I had no idea that our daughter was being "tested" but she has passed with flying colors! She knows her colors rather well, but we need to work with her with alphabet and number recognition. Ms. K said that the whole class struggles with identifying the letters and numbers when they are out of order; they just naturally assume it is the next letter or number. Compared to her class, she is right in line with everyone else and she said that we would be surprised at our next conference in April how much she has learned and grasped. Ms. K said that Alise is a delight to teach and that she is a very good student. Of course, all of this was music to her Moma & Daddy's ears!
Get ready tomorrow Bama Fans! Roll Tide!

Laura.Sign

3 comments:

  1. Ooh! Very cute Photos!!! And I love the photo software, I'll have to check that out! I'm so glad Alise had such a wonderful and special night!! And can't wait to see your annual fall pictures at the pumpkin patch. I'm such a sucker for pumpkin patch pictures!! Have a wonderful weekend, and Go Bama!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool software! Looks like A had a rockin' (and very "big girl") time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went to HSM 3 last night as well! Loved your collage!! Are you ready to ROLL tonight?!?! We have to watch the Texas game first - my husband's a big Texas fan!

    ReplyDelete