Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Nothing New

For inquiring minds, yes, I ended up at Walmart late Sunday evening with the whole family in tow! We came home $273 poorer, but just as rich in regards to our pantry and refrigerator. I know Alise and Wayne both were happy to see food in our house again. At least I shouldn't have to say, "I'm sorry, but we don't have any so-n-so..." for a while. I feel guilty for being such a bad wife and mother, but honestly, I have not had time!! If you are TOTALLY confused about what I'm talking about, go here.

Alise's school called me yesterday to tell me that she had fallen off the monkey bars at recess. The secretary said she was fine, but that she was bruised and swollen on her right cheek. They put some ice on it and thought she would be okay. I decided that it was best not to play "drama mama" for this incident, so no phone calls to Ms. K or driving straight up to the school to check her out myself. I have one tough - but majorly clumsy - little girl (I think she is going through a growing spurt)!

The Horton's are hosting a small Halloween party this Friday night for Alise and two of her trick-or-treating buddies. For the last two years, we have partied with Addison, her cousin Kylie, and their moms on October 31st. This year, the festivities are at our house. Now, for those of you that know me, you know that I like to go all out and I had considered doing just that for this occassion. But because the other moms are more laid back and easy ( not planners and up tight like me!), I felt that inviting more of Alise's friends and going all out just wouldn't be fair to them and so I decided to stay true to our simple Halloween tradition. Stay tuned for Halloween pictures later in the week.

Speaking of pictures, I am SOOOO excited about my Flashback Friday photo coming up for this week!! I'll give you a hint: my mom was able to find this photo for me. And my daughter had the audacity to say, "What's that, Mommie?" Ah!!!

Dance lessons yesterday. I let Alise go home with Emma after school. When I got to the studio, Alise was running around on a sugar high. I asked Lori, "What did you do to her?" Of course, she wanted to go home with Emma last night, too, and so you can imagine how that went over right there in front of everyone when I said, "No." Ugh!

Gymnastic lessons tonight. In Halloween dress. Wayne sweet-talked Alise in to wearing her Bama cheerleading outfit instead of her Mermaid costume. I forgot my camera.

Speaking of Bama, Wayne found out that the LSU/Bama game will be at 2:30 and not at night in Death Valley. Thank goodness! He said that the majority of the LSU fans on his route say that we will beat LSU. We'll see. I wore my houndstooth jacket today in honor of Bama's homecoming this weekend!
Laura.Sign

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see Alise's Halloween pictures!! I so love the holidays!! Glad Alise is okay from falling!! What a trooper she is! Aidan got his hand slammed in the door at preschool, a little while ago, he was so brave too! Glad you have groceries again,lol, it's always nice to know you don't have to go back to the grocery store for awhile!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet Alise will be adorable in her Halloween costume! I can't wait to see pics. So glad you made it to Wal-Mart. I haven't yet.... I guess I think the grocery fairy is coming... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you got me wondering...... can't wait to see what this pic is your mom dug up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How is it that I did not have you, sweet friend, on my blogroll? I have had you in my Google Reader for quite some time. I blame it on this "old house"! I added you today and please accept my apologies!:)

    P.S. Glad your family has food...I have been guilty of the same thing:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey!! I just left a comment on my post you commented on. I'm not sure if you do the email follow-up comments thing. Just thought I would let you know!:)

    ReplyDelete