Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Lunch With My Little Star

Today I had lunch at school with Alise….at 10:20 in the morning!!! Can you believe that? That is so early! Maybe they need to change the word “lunch” for the preschoolers to “brunch.” Anyway, she was so happy to see me and it just made my day!!

When I checked in at the office, I was a few minutes early, so I sat down in the waiting area. Ms. P, the principal, came by and spoke to me and asked if Alise was sick (Ha, ha!). In the waiting area, there are some glass doors and the secretary has to buzz you through for security reasons. From where I was sitting, I saw Alise and her class coming down the hall through the glass doors. She is the line leader for the week so she was the first one. At first, she didn’t see me. I heard her say to Ms. K, “My Mommie---“

And then I heard, “MOMMIE!!!” when she saw me. She was jumping up and down with excitement!

We went into the cafeteria and saw Allie and Emma. They both waved at me and then some other little friends of Alise’s came up to chat. They seemed to be mesmerized by the buttons on my jacket and my elephant pin. Alise had pizza – with a twist is what I call it – she and the other kids seemed to like it. She had a hard time sitting still because she was so happy to see me. I got some pictures of her, Ms. K, and some of her friends.






I had been telling Alise all week that she had to be a big girl today when I left because she had to go back to school and I had to go back to work. When lunch was over, she walked off with her class and said, “Bye, Mommie!” But before I could make it out of the cafeteria, she came running up to me with tears in her eyes. It just broke my heart and I hated to leave her, but I promised her an icee after school if she would be a big girl. Then I heard Ms. K say, “Com’on, Alise. I need my line leader. Where is my line leader?” She went running up to the front of the line and I snuck out of the cafeteria.

Laura.Sign

12 comments:

  1. Precious! I was able to spend a little extra time with my LB today at her school. They grow up so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special lunch you two had! I love those pictures, Alise looks like such a sweetheart! Have I ever told you I just LOVE her hairbows?!? She just looks so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super sweet! I can not get enough of those uniforms! Is her poor little nose still red from her cold? Guess who else is sick...again? Me. Lymph nodes in my neck slowing getting bigger as the day goes on. Not sure what is up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww.... What a special lunch! Alise is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, the line leader! That is such a big day in the life of a preschooler. I'll bet she looked taller being such an important classroom helper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! I think all kids LOVE being the line leader. Alise looks so cute in her school uniform! :) When I was preg with Ella and teaching 1st grade, we ate lunch at 10:25, crazy!!! I was always hungry though! Ethan eats that early now too and is starving when he gets home at 3. They have to start that early to feed the whole school by lunch time...
    I wish I was meeting you tomorrow!!! Maybe soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It means SO much to kids when their mommies, daddies, & grandparents come for lunch! That is so awesome that you do that. And yeah, lots of our kids eat at 10:30 so I have to adjust my schedule and eat while they're eating. It's really silly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it funny how when you show up somewhere unexpected or that you usually don't go (like to school for lunch) your child will act like they haven't seen you in a hundred million years! Its so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What special, sweet times! It's so fun to get to eat lunch together. I love all the pictures, especially Alise in her cute red bow! She is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't you love being the STAR when you go to your child's school for lunch? LOL

    Your family pics are just beautiful!!!! Your photographer did a fine job!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I miss having lunch with my babies. Now they get all embarrassed and no hugs or kisses allowed on School grounds. That's Jacob's rule. Calob still likes hugs and kisses but he doesn't want me to come visit. lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. How sweet!! I remember my Granny coming to eat lunch with me in Jr. High!!!! And I LOVED it!!! Call me crazy, but you're never to old to have lunch at school with your mom or Granny!!

    ReplyDelete