Friday, October 10, 2008

Just the Girls

My man is at the hunting camp until tomorrow night, so it’s just us girls for the next two days. We’re so giddy that we don’t know what to do with ourselves! Alise is just excited because she knows that she gets to sleep in mommie and daddy’s bed tonight. She is so silly! So we are going to pal around together and eat on the couch tonight and tomorrow. I thought about going to the zoo tomorrow, but I’m leaving it all up to Alise and what she wants to do. The Horton Girls are foot-loose and fancy-free this weekend!

By now, most of you have probably figured out that Alabama has a bye this weekend. Why else would Wayne decide to go to the camp and hunt in 80-degree weather (I keep telling him that those deer are not stupid!)?!? But, yes, Bama has the weekend off and for the first weekend in over a month, we won’t be glued to our TV. Alise won’t have to don the Bama cheerleading outfit and I won’t have to come up with something for “tail-reclining” food! However….Wayne and I WILL be in Tuscaloosa next weekend for the Bama v. Ole Miss game! I can’t wait and I hope that the weather stays cool!!

I did it! I went out at lunch and bought the first book to the “Twilight Series” by Stephanie Meyers. I’ve heard so many of you talk about it and said that you couldn’t put the book down that I decided to read it, too. Especially after I also heard that it was being made into a movie. I was hoping a “different” book would help jump-start my reading slump that I’ve somehow contracted since coming home from the beach. So, if you’ve read the book, give me your thoughts about it, but please don’t tell me how it ends. I’ll let you know what I think, too.

I had another dream about a tornado last night. For those of you that don’t know, I have dreams about me hiding out under a bed in order to stay safe from an approaching tornado all the time. I just know that I am going to die in a tornado some day! I am not kidding here. Last night I dreamed that it was my parents, my brother and me that were all swept up in a tornado. Since my parents’ house is surrounded by trees, I dreamed that I was cut up rather badly from the limbs, but I survived. That’s the first time I ever dreamed about being IN a tornado…most of the time, I’m just HIDING from one that’s coming. By now, you think that I have TOTALLY lost my mind, but I’ll tell you that I found a site online that could “interpret” my dreams. I just had to find out why I keep having these dreams about tornados! It said that I had much chaos and stress in my life! Ha! Can you believe that!?!

I think Alise was sad to see the last day of her “Star of the Week” end. Since I have had to carry snacks to school everyday this week, I have walked her into her classroom and she has enjoyed that. It’s been a rather sentimental week for me…watching and realizing that Alise is growing up and how I have rushed it and not enjoyed it like I should have. Last night, she was helping me bake cookies for her class and I looked at her and almost didn’t recognize her. I think she’s in the beginning stages of another growing spurt and her hair is losing some of the blondeness that the hot summer sun has caused. It’s being replaced by a nice shade of light red. But I watched her this week through her morning routine of handing Ms. K her folder, hanging her backpack up under her name, and smiling and giggling with her friends. Her personality is beginning to shine through….or maybe it’s the antibiotic. Or maybe it’s just sheer sassiness! But I love it just the same!

Laura.Sign

6 comments:

  1. welcome to my world of all girls weekend!!!! I'm ready for an only me weekend. Calgon take me away!!!! We have a happening day of soccer and the Shamrock Farms Dairy Farm tour tomorrow! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited I'll be able to pry Gentry away from the TV this weekend for something fun! You'll have to let me know how the book is--I LOVE a good book and can't get enough. I'll tell you what I just read that I could not put down! I finished it in two days--its called "House" and it is by Frank Peretti. I don't know if you have ever read any of his stuff before, but he writes Christian fiction , but it is sometimes so scary b/c its all based on biblically true stuff about demons and how they are all around at any given time. This book was C-R-A-Z-Y! It is apparently being made into a movie in Nov of this year. I hope they don't cheese it up, b/c the book had me on the edge of my seat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you and Alise will have a fantastic weekend!

    I'm right there with bama girl in az.... I need a me weekend too:)

    Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can;t wait for my little girl is big enough to enjoy a weekend like that! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really loved the first Twilight books. They were all good, but the first is still by-far my favorite. I hope you enjoy it!

    It's crazy not having a Bama game this weekend, isn't it? I will watch the Texas-Okla game (Texas is second in my heart, behind Bama) and then the LSU-Florida game in the evening.

    Gary hunts too, but hasn't made it to his hunting club yet this year.

    Hope you and Alise have a fun weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Laura, Have a wonderful girls weekend!! I'm so envious you get to have mother/daughter weekends. I know that is something that I'm missing out on with having 2 boys! I am into reading dreams too! Only mine are about plane crashes, yeah I'm phobic about those. But I think my dreams mean that I am a control freak,lol! I know what you mean about growing up too fast. My boys have grown in a blink of an eye and I was just talking to Kevin last night about how we don't have babies anymore! Hmm, I kind of rambled here,lol. Sorry about the long comment :)

    ReplyDelete