Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Grocery Store Slacker

Hi! My name is Laura and I’m a grocery store slacker.

I haven’t been to the grocery store in two weeks.

We have no bread or milk.

I have no idea what we just ate for supper.

And the sheer luxury of having a bowl of cereal every night has just been replaced with absolutely nothing because…you guess it! The milk is gone.

My diet coke stash has been depleted for several days...maybe that’s the reason for the “argh!” in my voice. It’s called caffeine withdrawals and it isn’t pretty.

The last time I remember turning my oven on was when I made pre-printed Halloween cookies for Alise’s class when she was Star of the Week! That was two (or three?) weeks ago.

I barely have a jar of peanut butter (remember the week I was on the peanut butter and vanilla wafer kick?), but no jelly. But, I already told you that I have no bread, so what good would that do?

I have a few colored gold fish in a Tupperware container, but we’re rationing those for salt intake – which reminds me that the bottled water is no more, too!

Meat? What’s that? Do five little fish sticks that are in a kid’s TV dinner that is suffering rather badly from freezer burn count as meat?

No juice, no spaghetti-o’s, no crackers, no fruit, no Dora soup and no candy (guess who?).

No Ding-Dongs, no popcorn, no chips, no rotel and cheese or Mountain Dew (guess who?).

No fat-free, no less fat, no trans-fat, no preservatives, no percentages…Heck! No calories at all (guess who?)!!!

But I did take Alise to gymnastics tonight.

(Don’t forget to leave me a comment to let me know you posted your favorite recipe using hamburger! See TAG yesterday).

Laura.Sign

8 comments:

  1. Girl, don't feel bad! We have all had those weeks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay you had me literally laughing out loud through this WHOLE post! Thanks for the cheer up! I know how you feel though, before I went to the store yesterday our house was pretty bare, and I just now discovered that we are out of toilet paper. OOPS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I thought you had snuck into my house and decided to expose me. LOL Seriously I am having the same issues. Though I did found enough canned stuff to throw in the crock-pot for tonight. Not sure what will happen tomorrow. Thanks for the laugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, darlin', you need to go grocery shopping. Who am I to talk because if we run out of something, I call Doug to pick something up on the way home. Ha!

    Cook? What's that? I haven't cooked ANYTHING for months, since I've been PG. I call Doug to go by and pick something up. Tehe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What were you doing in my house? This sounds exactly like ours! I hate buying groceries. Our refrigerator went on last week and our new one is on back order so it is getting pretty bad at our house!!

    I loved your description of 92,000 at a football game. That is exactly how I feel when I go to an OU game at Owen Field.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've tagged you! Check out my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you guys have been busy! We just got home and have I unpacked? um, no. I am catching up on blogs instead! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is too funny! I have a tendency to only go shopping when things get critical around here!

    ReplyDelete