Saturday, October 11, 2008

Easy Shepherd's Pie

I was craving some comfort food this weekend. I found this recipe in the FREE Kraft Foods winter magazine edition. If you are currently not receiving this little jewel, go here and sign up for a subscription today.

Here's the recipe, but be sure to note my comments below.

1 lb. ground beef
2 c. hot mashed potatoes (the recipe said you could use instant and that's what I used)
4 oz. cream cheese, cubed
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
2 cloves of garlic
4 c. frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
1 c. beef gravy

Heat oven to 375. Brown meat and drain. Mix potatoes, cram cheese and half the shredded cheese and garlic until well blended. Stir vegetables and gravy into meat. Spoon into 9-inch square baking dish. Cover with potato mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through. Makes 6 servings.

My comments: My dish turned out a little soupy. I don't think I got my mashed potatoes "stiff" enough. I also added the whole jar of gravy, but I don't think that had that much to do with it. I thought the cream cheese was what made this dish! It was great and we loved it! It was easy!

Laura.Sign

4 comments:

  1. Just about everything I cook, comes from the Kraft mag! I LOVE it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds yummy, might try tomorrow. how is your girls weekend going?

    BTW, I think I'll start wearing my BAMA shirts instead!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love Shepard's pie! Thanks for the reminder to subscribe again to Kraft! Since we've moved, I've forgotten all about it, and I love this magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry that was me above, I forgot to log out!

    ReplyDelete