Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Orange Beach, Alabama - Day 3

The Horton Family
Orange Beach, Alabama
September 2008

Greetings from Orange Beach! Our last official beach day! So much fun!!

Wayne and I left Alise in our bed and headed out before 6 o'clock to walk along the beach and watch the sunrise. It was beautiful!

Our first photo op of the day started before 9 o'clock with the girls dressed just alike on the beach. So many pictures, but here is one just to show you how cute they were! The sun was just a little too bright.


And....the swimsuit of the day...... My new favorite pictures:

All I can say is, "Thank you, God, for SPF 50!!" Today was probably the longest we stayed on the beach. We had the girls rubbed down with sunscreen and because I am so fair, I bought SPF 50 for Wayne and me. Wayne tried desperately to get rid of his UPS tan, but it didn't work! We both burned only on the top of our feet! It was so funny!

Tonight we ate at a local restaurant called, "Cosmo's." I think it was named after the owner's dog. Anyway, the guy that seated us asked where we were all from and when we told him Monroe, Louisiana, he told us that he had been there! We were shocked. You don't find many people that admit they've been to Monroe. Ha! Cosmo's cheese dip and pita squares were wonderful!!! That was my favorite thing.

After we took beach pictures, I suggested we go for ice cream. There was a "Brewster's Ice Cream" right down the road from our hotel. It was SO good!

Tomorrow we leave. Alise and Katie will have to say good-bye. They have been so good and have played so well together. They have both loved the beach! Mirya is doing well. She's just tired and has no energy. She has "hung" in there with us, though! No mermaids, yet, Leigh.

I'm sorry I haven't had time to read everyone's blogs. Trust me, even though I am on vacation, I am having withdrawals. I promise to catch up later in the week when we can some-what get back on our regular schedule. Thank you for all your nice comments. Miss ya'll!

Laura.Sign

12 comments:

  1. OOOOH, I'm soooo jealous. I love the beach. Looking at the reddish hair, I know you burn easily. Sounds like a perfect vacation.

    Have a good return to reality!

    `hippo hugs~
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love them all. I'm so glad ya'll are having such a great time. Have a safe trip back home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been waiting for this update! I am LOVING all of your GORGEOUS pictures!! You should use your family picture on the beach for your Christmas cards! I just love it!! And of course Alise is totally adorable in her beachy outfits and swimsuits! How romantic that you and Wayne got to take a quiet walk to see the sunrise! I doubt Kevin would want to get out of bed that early,lol! Have a wonderful last day and a safe trip back home! I have been loving all of your updates, I feel like I'm at the beach too,lol! I'm so jealous, it's been years since I've been to the beach,eek!!
    P.S.
    That was me with the deleted comment, I was accidentally logged into another account!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I am so envious! I love the family pictures on the beach and I can't wait to see more when you get back home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, beautiful pictures that you will treasure for a lifetime. I tagged you:
    http://preppycricket.blogspot.com/
    You can think about it while laying on the beach, I know I am not the only one who is jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love love the first family picture on the beach and the one of Alise with her daddy was just so precious.

    Bryan and I have ate at a Fish Tails in Galveston. It was really close to the beach so I wonder if it is even still standing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Precious pictures!! I just love the photos of her in her little red polka dot suit!! And that ferris wheel pic is gorgeous! Glad ya'll had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you looked so relaxed and happy! Glad you are having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pictures are so good! I love your family picture! I'm glad you made it home safely and had a great trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am LOVING those pictures. Those look like professional shots! I can definitely see why those are your new favorite pictures.

    Alise is adorable in her little swimsuit and the girls in their matching outfits are precious.

    I agree. Our girls COULD be best buds (and I think we could be, too). :)

    So glad you had a great vacation.

    ReplyDelete