Monday, September 22, 2008

Orange Beach, Alabama - Day 2

Hello, again from Orange Beach, Alabama!!

There is simply too many things to blog and pictures to post. Maybe when I get back home and have time to sort through all my photos, I'll have more time to type and go in to more details. You guys know I am ALL about the details and it's killing me that I simply don't have time now. But I am doing my best to spend time with my family and our cousins and enjoy the time away.

Once again, I am having to upload pics the old fashioned way. Our condo was suppose to have Wi-fi, but we couldn't get it to work. Doug went shopping and bought this "thingy" (don't ask me what it is...) and so we have computer/internet access. My biggest disappointment is that I can't sit out on the balcony and blog and upload my pictures. The sun is just to bright and my cord/cable won't reach. Why in the world am I complaining? I say all this to say that pictures will be short and sweet.

And the swimsuit of the day.......
was our red and white polka dot bikini!! She was too precious, ya'll!!

Here is Wayne helping Alise and Katie build a sand castle. I don't think they ever truly succeeded in that endeavour. But they absolutely love the sand. Mirya and I haven't let them "discover" the pool yet since they are enjoying the beach so much.

We were on the beach before 9:00 this morning. About an hour later, we looked off into the distance and we could tell a thunder storm would be approaching. The storm never came, but by 11:00, the sun disappeared behind the dark clouds and the girls began to get really cold. We went inside for lunch and "down time."

We hit the outlet mall around 2:30 and then supper at the neatest little place that must be a hit during peak season. It was called "Fish Tails" and was located on a marina close to the "wharf area." The food was wonderful!! We saw dolphins in the marina. The girls were so excited!!

After supper, we went to The Wharf and rode the Ferris Wheel. I just knew Alise would wig out because of the height, but she was rip-roaring ready to get on it - both she and Katie. We got some really good pictures in that area, but I'll have to post them later. The pictures below are of us with Baby Girl on the Ferris Wheel.


We had a GREAT day!!
Laura.Sign

13 comments:

  1. YAY Laura! So glad you are having a wonderful time!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Alise's red and white polka dotted swimsuit!! And what a fun day you had! I'm loving all the pictures and loved the recap of your day! Can't wait for your next post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her swimsuit and I love that there is a different suit each day! So glad you are having a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't you supposed to be on vacation? What are you doing blogging? That said, I love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That swimsuit is adoreable! So glad to hear you are having a good time. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the red bathing suit! You are making me want to go to the beach one last time this year!!! I'm glad y'all are having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you enjoy your time. I love the pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your in my neck of the woods now! Grew up not to far from here and Orange beach has always been my beach of choice! :) Glad you are enjoying it!

    Cute suit!!!!

    Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three cheers for the beach, polka dot bikinis and photos you'll treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WoW! The beach pics are just fabulous! Sounds like your vacation is turning out great! Love the pic of little princess with her yellow dress on and barefoot heading towards the oceans edge.

    I also must comment about her playing in the puddles of mud....... LOL LOL Those two pics are hilarious! I just love it that someone else has a child who loves to run through puddles of mud. How funny! The look on her face is priceless!!! That was just a HOOT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so very sad I couldn't go :( maybe next year I'll keep Alise at home and you and Wayne can go by yourself! :D

    LOVE the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad y'all are having fun! Love the bathing suit. Too cute on that precious little sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wanna be at the beach! I'm so glad y'all are loving it!! Give Alise a kiss from me. Has she seen any mermaids yet??

    ReplyDelete