Monday, September 29, 2008

Bathroom Art

This is some of Alise's art from this weekend that she taped to my bathroom wall! I bought her a Hello Kitty kit at Kohl's this weekend for $7. It was full of HK markers, stickers, paper clips, and paper. I noticed that while I was busy pricing my items for the upcoming garage sale this weekend, that she came running up to me requesting more masking tape. I never really thought what she was doing with it. What a surprise! Talk about reading material! Ha, ha! Anyway, I wanted to post it so that you could see how much better she is getting at making her letter A's. She still have to give them that "slight curve," but she really is getting better. She also wrote the letter B in blue. They are working on C this week.

It was back to our regular schedule for the Horton's today. Our vacation is definitly over! I took Alise to school and then tonight at dance lessons, we had a nice surprise when Lori and Emma were standing in the waiting area filling out paperwork. Lori had decided to switch dance schools for Emma. Alise was so excited! The girls danced side by side. Of course, I didn't have my camera!!

And just to prove that Alise is turning into her Great-Grandmother, the purse carrier, here is a picture of her when we were at Leigh's last night: At least she carried a red purse for Bama!!



And here is a picture from yesterday when we went to my mom and dad's to have a short visit with Cousin Brooklyn: Cyndi emailed me back and said that she would absolutely love to make the cupcakes for Alise's class next week when she is "Star of the Week." But we're thinking pink ladybug cupcakes instead of the red. She also said she could do the icing in sugar free, so Ms. K will be happy about that!

While Alise was in dance class, I ran to Wal-mart real quick to get some red poster board to do Alise's poster for her special week. Would you believe that they were completely out of posterboard except for hot pink? Ugh! It will require another stop somewhere else. I really want to get her poster finished this week. It's due on Monday. I'll post pics of it when I finish. I really think it is going to turn out too cute!
Laura.Sign

6 comments:

  1. What great art!! :) I love it! Those are great A's!!

    What girl doesn't love a purse! She looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bathroom art! Is she selling it??

    Love the red handbag! Alise has great style;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the art! When I read the title, I was afraid the bathroom art was going to be on the bathroom walls! ha!
    Alise is doing SO good writing her letters!!! She is adorable with her purse! :)
    The PS conference was AWESOME! I wish you could have been there with me! I'll try to post about it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how precious is that little red purse! A must have! I love it that both our families are serious about indoctrinating our babies into the sports teams that we love. :)

    I saw that you tagged me...I'll have to work on my list of 6 things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have so much to say. First of all, did I tell you that Jeremiah 29:11 is my daughter, Gretchen's, life verse? I love it too.

    Also, I read some back posts. I just loved Paul Newman and feel so bad about his death. He was a really classy guy.

    I love the pic of Alise with her purse. It is sooo cute. And, yes, her A's are quite remarkable.

    I know what you mean about not being on the phone in the evenings. There were some nights when I would cringe if the phone rang. Even now, I mostly like email better - unless it's my girls.

    Have a great day.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so cute! I love her purse!!! She's writing really good A's!

    ReplyDelete