Friday, August 29, 2008

Slice of Diana's Wedding Cake Goes for $1,830!!

I have always been very fond of Princess Diana. I watched her fairy tale wedding as a little girl and I still remember where I was when my mother called to tell me that she had died. I got up at 3:00 the Saturday morning of her funeral to watch the entire thing!

Now, all those years later, a piece of her wedding cake sells for over $1,000! Can you imagine what that piece of cake must look like now after all those years?! Wrapped in cling-wrap?

At least the proceeds were given to charity. Thumbs up to the Smith Family.

So what do you think of Princess Diana's wedding cake?

Click here to read the article.

Laura.Sign

5 comments:

  1. I love that the lady didn't try to profit from Diana and even kept the cake until her own death. What a great story! And yeah, that cake can't be too pretty!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Princess Diana too. I remember exactly where I was when I heard about her death.
    SO GLAD that you loved the cards!!!! Have a wonderful weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, loved the lady herself, but I gotta say, as a cake maker, that cake is U-G-L-Y!! I'll bet the queen mother made her get that boring old thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember where I was too when I hear the news of Diana. What a tragic accident! I agree with Rachel, that cake is UGLY!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel - You and Jess are cracking me up!! Yep! I think the Queen Mum had something to do with it!! I don't like it, either!

    ReplyDelete