Monday, August 25, 2008

Our Weekend - Part 2

Happy 50th Wedding Anniversary, Mr. and Mrs. Irvine!!

On Saturday afternoon, the three of us were walking up the front steps of Snyder Museum and it donned on me! Wayne and I have been married for thirteen years and I had never met Jack and Alease Irvine! I simply knew them as “Chris Irvine’s mom and dad.” Wayne and Chris were best friends growing up in the small town of Oak Grove and Chris was a groomsman in our wedding. For reasons that I can’t remember now, Mr. Jack and Ms. Alease weren’t able to attend our wedding so I never got to meet Wayne’s “second mom.”

On Saturday, I finally got to meet the woman that Wayne has always admired so much. And I couldn’t be more happier with finally understanding the reason why he liked the name “Alise” so much for our own little girl (I was the one who insisted on a different spelling). She is the most fun and kind person. She loves her family and I was so glad to be celebrating with her and Mr. Jack on 50 years of wedded bliss! We had a wonderful time.

A funny story that I have to tell: Alise and I were sitting next to Amy and Jackson, Chris’ wife and son, enjoying some appetizers and punch when Mrs. Alease came running up to Amy and said, “Com’on! I’m ready to cut that cake!!” THAT’S when I knew I was going to like Ms. Alease!! She was my kind of cake-eating gal!!

Here are some pictures from our afternoon:

I absolutely loved the fact that Mrs. Alease used her actual wedding dress as "decoration." After 50 years, it was still a beautiful wedding dress with lots of white lace. This was the cake that she couldn't wait to cut, however, I had a piece of the "groom's cake" because it was chocolate, of course.
The happy couple!
Me and Baby Girl. Yes, I am blonde again, however this picture makes my hair look extremely strawberry-blonde. I had gotten my hair done at 8:00 that morning.
Amy & Jackson Irvine
Wayne & Baby Girl
Alise, Jackson, & Mrs. Irvine
Chris, his mom, & Wayne

We had a great time catching up with the Irvine's Saturday afternoon. We are so glad that they invited us to celebrate such a wonderful occassion!!

Laura.Sign

2 comments:

  1. Laura, You look so beautiful in your picture with Alise! I love your hair!! It looks like a wonderful time, and I would have eaten the chocolate cake too! Can you believe that I ate both boys birthday cakes every night last week,lol?!? I LOVE cake!! And what a beautiful wedding dress to display. Hopefully Kevin and I are that lucky to celebrate 50 years of marriage!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet fun pics! I especially love the one of you and Alise. That color blue is soooo for you! I admire people who make it 50 years. Now that is commitement!

    ReplyDelete