Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Orange Day

Today was "Orange Day" at Alise's school. That means: free dress day!! Lucky for us, Alise can still wear one of her favorite dresses from last year - her "monkey dress."

I forgot to take a picture of her this morning. She refused to let me take a picture of her this afternoon unless I let Cousin Analiyah in the picture, too. Of course, I couldn't resist! Here is a picture of the two cousins celebrating "Orange Day" together.

In the second picture, Alise is playing "doctor" with Analiyah. She insisted that I take her cousin to her room to "play." I laid Analiyah on Alise's toddler bed and she decided to get her doctor's kit out and "go to work." Too funny. By the way, how many Mermaid dolls do YOU see in this picture?!?!

I actually ended up eating lunch with Alise at school today. I had a meeting this morning and on my way back to the office, I decided to stop by her school to buy a tie to go with another uniform blouse. I wasn't thinking about the time and the cafeteria is located directly across from the office. While I was talking to Ms. Sue, I heard, "Moma!!" and I recognized the voice. I was busted!! So, I had lunch with my Baby Girl - even though she took her lunch today. I enjoyed it. It was a special time and I got to chat with Ms. K and visit with some of her new friends. When it got time for me to leave, Alise began pouting and I just knew I was in for a disaster meltdown. However, Ms. K and I convinced her to be a "big girl" and I reminded her about us picking up Analiyah after school. Thank goodness she pepped up and all was well. She was off to Spanish class when I left her in the cafeteria.

Yes, my Baby Girl takes Spanish, goes to art, music, library, computer and P.E. No wonder she's worn out by the time she gets home!! She hasn't started going to Mass yet. I think that starts later in the year. However, I did hear her saying parts of the Lord's Prayer the other night. It made my heart smile.

Laura.Sign

10 comments:

  1. Spanish?!? Wow, I'm impressed! All the Spanish I know I learned at Taco Bell---chalupa, por favor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alise with baby Analiyah is so precious! I love the picture of her playing doctor! WOW! Alise takes Spanish? Sadly all the spanish my boys know come from Dora and Diego,lol! Sounds like Alise goes to a wonderful school!! Glad you got to have lunch with Alise! I bet she was so excited and I bet she felt so special having lunch with Moma!! And yes, you know me too well, I've been itching to post those pics of the boys,lol! Have a wondeful Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dress! Sofia had an orange monkey smocked pantsuit that I just miss so much! I have one of those mermaid dolls I should send to Alise--she is new and unplayed with at our homestead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those two girls are adorable! Wow... Spanish?!? I took 2 years in Highschool and can only count to ten:) Olivia learned that from Dora. Love the orange dress! Where are the pics from lunch... ha ha Those could make for an interesting post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alise's school sounds WONDERFUL!!! :) How cute is she with the baby? Those pictures are just priceless! Not sure the baby knows what to think about her new doctor, but Alise looks like she is having SO much fun!!! :) HOpe ya'll are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by! Your daughter is beautiful!! How are you doing with Gustav?

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet!!!

    LOVE the smocked dress. My youngest daughter has the bubble! Great minds:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Muy bien! What a smart girl!

    The pic of her playing doctor is ADORABLE!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Orange...now that's a great color! Go VOLS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh she needs her own baby sister! Those photos are sweetness all wrapped up and pretty with a bow!

    ReplyDelete