Thursday, August 21, 2008

Open House


Tonight Alise and I went to Open House at her school. Wayne wasn't able to make it because another driver had broken down and he had to go to the rescue yet again. So, Baby Girl and I went by ourselves and I got to meet Mrs. K and talk to her about how Alise was doing in her new "big" school. She said that Alise was doing very well and that she was a very good student. She said that Alise was her helper and that made my heart smile. She sits right beside Mrs.K's desk (I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing?). I got to see all her art work on the walls and got a few glimpses into what exactly it is that they do all day. It was so much fun and I enjoyed it! Here is a picture of Alise & Mrs. K. Alise has an apron on because she was playing in the kitchen area of their classroom. And, yes, I cut another little girl out of the picture. I had no idea who she was. I'm awful, I know.

At the table where she sits, there were some very interesting papers that I thought I might share with you. I hope you can read them. Try double clicking on the pictrues. They made me cry.















Cinderella & Ariel are Alise's fish, if you remember. However, we do not live in a big house by any means!!

On Tuesday, someone from the "welcome to JGS" club came by and stuck a sign in our yard and left a dozen chocolate chip cookies on our door step. Wayne hates it, but I like it. Food! What more could you ask for? But he's referring to the sign. My parents are going to flip when they see it! A Catholic sign in our Baptist yard, oh my!

If I haven't responded to your emails or blogs, it isn't because I haven't forgotten about you. I'm just trying so hard to get into the groove of working, cooking, and getting ready for the next day. I hope to catch up this weekend.
Laura.Sign

8 comments:

  1. Alise's teacher sounds wonderful!! I just love the poem that she left for you. Alise looks so cute with Mrs. Katherine.
    I'm hoping Aidan's new teacher will be just as great! And chocolate chip cookies on your doorstep?!? It can't get much better than that!! Take Care and Happy Friday!
    Audrey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute pics! It looks like Alise is doing wonderful at school. Wow.. cookies.. doesn't get much better than that! Hope you have a wonderful Firday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the pic of Alise with her teacher! I'm so glad that school is going great for her! The poem is SO sweet!!! :) Wow, cookies at your doorstep? That is impressive!!! :)
    Ya'll have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was so super sweet(what the teacher wrote). Sounds like she is in a great place. And I wish someone one come by my house and leave treats!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her artwork is priceless--you will treasure that forever!!
    She looks so cute! I love that outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't worry, I would've cropped the other girl out, too. :)

    It sounds like Alise is having a great time being "the helper"! That's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that was a sweet note for you mama! :) I can tell that this is going to be a delightful year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found your blog from Courtney. Hope you don't care that I am joining your "Blog Family".

    But I had to do the same thing with my little girls picture with her teacher on the first day. One of the little girls wanted to be in it too and I did not have the heart to tell her no. So I just cropped her out.

    The poem from Alise's teacher is priceless. I cried having to just leave my little girl with her teacher. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete