Sunday, August 17, 2008

Just Call Me a Brown-Noser

Yes, I'm a "brown-noser." Wayne called me the "captain-of-all-brown nosers" tonight and I take that as a compliment. Look, sometimes a mom's just gotta do what a mom's gotta do!! And only upon the advice of my friends from church, who, are what else? School teachers!!! I figure they know what they're talking about so why shouldn't I bless our Ms. K with a sweet "happy" on a Monday morning? Please don't hate me for being a brown-noser.

I've been meaning to post this second picture for nearly a month. My blogging friend Rachel
is an excellent caterer and I love the fact that she posts recipes on her blog. I decided to try this recipe - Sunday Morning Coffee Cake - one Monday morning and took it to work for all my employees, thus taking it upon myself to rename it "Monday" Morning Coffee Cake. It was a huge hit! Everyone loved it!! The only thing, Rach, is that I think I goofed on the glaze. I was in such a hurry that I don't think I got the consistency right. It didn't seem to matter all that much because it was all gone by 10:00. My employees are little piggies. What can I say! I love them! Another friend who is finding she has the gift of cooking up her newly-wed sleeve is Etta. Check this recipe out. Leigh, this recipe has our name all over it!!

And here is some more good news! Doug and Mirya will be meeting us at the beach after all in another month! It seems that they will not be moving to Colorado after all and so our plans that we made a year ago still stand. Alise is so excited - once again - to know that she'll be "hooking up" with her Alabama cousin in September. We can't wait to get there!

Wayne took Baby Girl to see Wall-E yesterday afternoon. I wasn't feeling well and was nursing a migraine headache. I slept most of the day, which is SO not like me. I just couldn't seem to get up and get moving. I stayed in my pajamas all day. I decided to shave my legs in time for Michael Phelp's 8th run for the Gold! TMI, I know. I count it as a miracle around my house when I can shave my legs in peace and quiet!

Today, we went to church. Wayne had to make pancakes for the college department so he had to be there early. I took Alise to eat McDonald's for lunch and then we all came home and crashed (me, again!). Then we, and the whole city of Monroe, decided to go to Target at the same time and I spent over $100 on nothing but junk! I did get some cute things for Alise, though! Target already had their Halloween shirts and knit pants out. I also found the cutest pink whale-corderoy dress with brown polka dots. It is SO cute! I haven't bought many things for Alise for fall, but with wearing the uniforms to school, she really doesn't need that much.

On Thursday, we have Open House at Alise's school. The principal will have a short meeting for the parents and then we get to go to Alise's class and meet Ms. K again and hopefully get a report on how Alise is doing. The school's Dad's Club is sponsoring a hot dog meal for everyone afterwards. Wayne said we might skip out on that and go some where else for supper. We're just not a hot-dog eating family. The idea of weinies just makes me want to gag! Sorry.
Laura.Sign

11 comments:

  1. I want more chocolate cake! My butt and I had a talk and I decided to send some of it with my husband to work so that I didn't eat all of it. I was definitely sad when it was all gone, especially because I had just discovered that putting it in the microwave for 20 seconds made it taste like it did the first time!

    I know what you mean about Target. I cannot leave that store without spending money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooohh, I wish I would have thought of a first week present for Ad's teacher. you are GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh.... that's what I need... a present for the teacher:) I knew I forgot something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the mom of the year! What a great idea for a gift for Alise's teacher. I may just have to do that too! What did you put in it? SO CUTE!! I will have to try that Coffee Cake, I have a sickness for sweets in the morning,lol! Did Alise like Wall E? I was debating whether or not to take Aidan or not!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you liked the cake! That chocolate one looks yummy. My hubby is a chocoholic, so that will be a must try! Long live Target!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the gift idea! I am trying to craft something up right now! Every Friday, we always take a snack to share with Sofia's class, what can I say, Hello my name is Whitney and yes I am a brown-noser! They love it!

    One of my favorite places in the whole wide world=Target. Hey I thought the minimum purchase required was $50??? Am I wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The teacher gift bag is SO cute! When I taught, I sure did LOVE those gifts and it really made me feel appreciated! :)
    I'm with you on Target! $165 or was it $180? in there today! They just have too much CUTE stuff! I have to stay away!
    Hope ya'll have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey- wanted to tell you the photographer I used is out in your neck of the woods, or close to in Delhi.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The gift bag is so cute!

    The picture of the cake made me so hungry!!! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. tagged! check out my blog for details!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So...you have been tired lately...anything I should know? Hee hee...just checking.

    And I don't think that is brown-nosing! :)

    ReplyDelete