Monday, August 11, 2008

Alise's Second Year


No time for cryin' today! I was too busy livin' the life of a SAHM!

I must say this: God bless your hearts AND YOUR SOULS!! If there was ever any doubt that I wanted to be a SAHM, whell, then today would be a pretty good indication that it would not be the plan that the Good Lord above has for me! I was so (thankfully) reminded today that I have an office with my name on it, a bathroom down the hall that I can actually lock myself in without hearing, "Mommie, what are you doing?", vending machines with snacks and drinks that I don't have to share with a single soul, calming elevator music that doesn't have words, and a computer all to myself where someone isn't constantly hanging on me and either requiring that I type with one hand, or asking the same question as the bathroom: "Mommie, what are you doing?"

My biggest accomplishment of the day: having supper in the crockpot by 11:30 AM (smothered steak and gravy).

My biggest failure of the day: keeping Alise busy and entertained (although painting seemed to do the trick while I was working on my big accomplishment this morning).

It rained nearly all day, so we stayed around the house. We did get out after lunch time just long enough to take Alise to get her toes painted. She thought she was beautiful! I thought so, too. That is, until I told her that the hot pink polish on her fingernails (Thank you, Allison! You all know how I feel about fingernail polish on Baby Girl...) would have to come off before Wednesday - school rule: no nail polish. We went to my moms to drop off the school shorts that she will need to cut off and hem. I didn't make Alise take a nap simply because we had to fight her for two hours last night to get her to go to sleep. I wanted her to be ready for bed tonight! We watched everything from "Rudolph" to "Jungle Book 2". We snacked and read books. Alise played with her Barbies while I finished supper. We had a wonderful day!

Something I want to throw out to you...I read today that there is a possibility that the Chinese "faked" the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics by using "fake" fireworks. Now....ahem! What in the world!!! How do you FAKE fireworks? Either they pop or they don't right?

Are you watching the Olympics? What are your favorite sports? See my new polls at the top of my blog.

Laura.Sign

13 comments:

  1. You are crackin' me up! When i first started staying home with Noah he was 10 months old and I thought I'd loose my mind! It took a lot of adjustment, but now I love it. Know what else I love? Those adorable slide shows! How cute is she?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work from home, so my kids are with me 24/7. Some days it works, and some days not so well:) But, I would not change it for anything!

    Thanks for sharing Alise's 2nd year. What a cutie!

    BTW, we are addicted to the olympics! We will be so sad when it's over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is your grandma doing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to be a SAHM, but I'm not sure how it'd go. We'd definitely have to have plenty of activities to keep us busy, or else I'd lose my marbles!

    It's great that you stayed home with her, though, right before she starts school. I'm sure she thought that staying home with mommy all day was the best thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alise still looks so much like her newborn self- that's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, and being a sahm, I wonder HOW in the world moms who work during the day still manage to come home, cook dinner, spend time with your kiddies, bathe and get them to sleep, clean up the house again, and have moments to yourself too. I don't know HOW you ladies do it- supermoms for sure. I stay at home and still can't find time to do all that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Grandmother is doing okay, Mi. She's been diagnosed with chronic lung disease. Because of the fluid on her lungs, the doctors do not want to perform a procedure on her right now, so they are waiting. I think she is driving my mom crazy, though. My grandmother tends to be on the ornery side sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have watched the olympics...more than I thought I would. I've watched the swimming, volley ball, and the gymnastics. I'm surprised I've watched as much as I have.

    I love the slide show!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Listen, if you had dinner ready on time, that is a successful day, I promise. I love the slide show...her personality and style shine through!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the slideshows!!! Such precious pictures. :) :) :) I have done both, stay at home and be a working mom and each is HARD! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had to laugh! I'm about to die working these extra hours. I so wanna be home again. Just 4.5 more weeks!! lol Hope I can survive!!

    The slide shows have been so fun! I'm loving remembering. My fav pic is the one in the sunglasses holding your cell phone!

    I'll be thinking about you tomorrow. Call me if you need me. I'll be at 388-PINK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you had a wonderful day! Yeah, being a stay at home mom has it's difficult moments and it's priceless moments, but I sure do miss having my private moments during the day,lol! These slideshows are just awesome and so sweet! I think you should just keep making them! And the Olympics, I am so engrossed in the games! I've never really been this interested in them before!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isn't it nice to have that reminder of where your calling is. I have a lot of friends that could not stay home all day and love to go to work and I have a lot of friends that love to stay home. I really, really love being at home and have never missed work at all (not to say some days I don't think about pulling my hair out...ha!).

    I loved that slide show. I have to admit I got a little teary on that picture of you helping A blow out her candles with you two holding hands. Just precious.

    We have had a good time watching the Olympics. I'm with you...how could a fireworks display not be real? What in the world?

    ReplyDelete