Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Swimming Lessons - Day 2

Alise did MUCH better today at swimming lessons, although it took alot of coaxing and encouragement! When she woke up this morning, she told me that she didn't want to swim like a fish like Katie. It just broke my heart that she isn't more interested in the whole swimming idea. But I told her that I would have a prize for her if she did well. Baby Girl got her goody bag.

We got to the pool early enough to watch the group before her (the two little boys that were screaming their heads off yesterday). She saw another little girl jumping in the pool and Alise clapped for her. I told her, "See? You can do that! You're a big girl!" I had told her that I would stay in the pool area as long as she did well and listened to Ms. Holly. Well, that lasted all of two minutes, so I finally had to leave and sit in the dressing area. I couldn't see anything, but I could hear Holly talking to her and encouraging her. Alise made up all kinds of excuses with Holly to try and get out of the pool. I heard Alise tell her that her stomach hurt, that her finger hurt, and Holly did end up taking her to the bathroom to potty, but I'm not sure if she really did anything. When I finally did walk in the pool area, Alise was jumping off the side of the pool and swimming to the ladder! Can you believe it? She's still a little scared, because I heard Holly tell her not to jump on her, but to jump in the water. Holly told me tonight that she needs to practice kicking her feet more.

The good news is that she did much better tonight and she loved her goody bag!! I was able to get one picture of her tonight while we were waiting for the other group to finish. She looks so excited in this picture and it makes me smile.


Lydia, Linda, me and Nicole
Today, some of us that use to work together met my old boss and friend, Nicole for lunch at the Warehouse today. Nicole was in town visiting her family for a few days. We haven't seen her in nearly three years. She now works for a hospital in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. It was so good getting together and catching up. The food was so good!. I had the chicken salad sandwich and sweet potato fries, but I only ate half the sandwich. It was so big! I ended up accidently leaving my blackberry at the restaurant, so I had to go back and get it! I'm just so glad that someone decided to turn it in! I'm completely lost without my blackberry!

Laura.Sign

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad swimming lessons went better today! :) I LOVE the treat bag you made her, your such a sweet mom. :)
    I'm trying to remember where that restaurant is or if it was there when I was. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great day! Way to go Alise;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Alise! That is an adorable picture of her. Yeah for lunch with friends! You are so high tech. I wouldn't even know where to begin with a Blackberry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Alise! Way to go girl! You watch by Friday, she'll want to keep going to swimming lessons.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nikki looks so good!! Life in FL must be agreeing with her.

    Tell Alise I'm so proud of her!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey!! Thanks for posting a comment on my blog today. Its always nice to know when people are visiting!! Yes, we are from Birmingham and are big Bama fans ourself. We have season tickets. I'd love to hear back from you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah Alise! I'm so glad that she is doing so well! I'm sure she will be swimming like a fish in no time.

    Hope you had a wonderful lunch!

    ReplyDelete