Sunday, July 20, 2008

Our Weekend Recap

We had a great weekend!

Like I said in yesterday's post, Wayne and I had our "make up" date night on Friday night. We both got off early from work that day. so we were able to drop off Baby Girl at Nana & Papaw's, catch dinner at Copeland's and make the early movie. We saw The Dark Night and it was very good. On the way home, we stopped by Sonic to share an M&M blast. My BFF, Leigh, IM'ed me while we were there and asked how date night went. I IM'ed her back on my blackberry, "It's not overwith yet!" I thought that was funny!

I took a cue from my blogging friend, Leigh Ann, and decided to show you our newest store here in Monroe. Wayne and I haven't been able to visit yet. To be honest, I'm a little afraid to let my husband walk in there! I'm scared he'll be walking back out with a brand new TV!! We had about thirty minutes to kill between dinner and the movie and since we were already at the mall, I asked Wayne if it would be okay if I ran to Gymboree to use my Gymbucks. I had already gotten online to see the latest line and even though I wasn't thrilled about it, I hated to not redeem my bucks. Wayne helped me pick these items out for Baby Girl: I picked Alise up at 2:00 and we came home and spent the remainder of Saturday afternoon in the pool.


Oh! And here are some cupcakes that Nana and Alise made and decorated on Saturday morning! They are delish!! One of Alise's very best church friends will be moving to North Carolina next month. Josie Henkel and Alise were bed babies in the nursery together at church and Josie has come to everyone of Alise's birthday parties. We will miss the Henkel's so much, and we wish them the very best as they begin their new life in North Carolina. We love you, Aubrey, Rachel, Caleb & Josie. Here is a pic I took of the girls this morning in Sunday School. And last but not least, we want to wish our niece/cousin Katie a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! This is the first year that we've missed Katie's birthday party, but she was in our thoughts still the same! We hope she had a wonderful day!!

Laura.Sign

11 comments:

  1. We love Best Buy! What a great weekend you had, and glad you had a wonderful date night :) The Gymbo clothes you got are adorable! Lastly, those cupcakes look SO good! What a great decorating job Alise did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad ya'll had a great weekend! :) It was our turn for the stomach virus this weekend! :0 UGH!!! We are better now though. :)
    It is so hard when friends move!!! Hope ya'll have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Gymboree outfit! And I laughed at the pictures of Alise in the pool 'cause there are so many toys around her!! She must be in heaven! I'm glad you got to enjoy date night. We are anxious to see the movie ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I am SOOOO glad we got Wal-Mart and not Best Buy. I would never, ever see my husband! Ha! I love Gymboree so much. I only liked just a few things on this line, too. I did find a super cute little mini skirt for EG. She has never had a mini before! :) Most importantly, I'm glad you got your date night back! Yeah for that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to see you got a date night! Those are very important!

    I better get using the gymbucks!! Thanks for the reminder. I hope I can find something cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe you don't like the new Gymboree stuff! I work there part time and I just LOVE the new stuff...some of it! I admit I didn't like the fall stuff from last year, though. We didn't own any of that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey--i recognize that room in the last picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amie - ha, ha! You are so funny! You SHOULD recognize that room! Did you know that NMBC will be having "Mother's Day Out" beginning this fall?

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeah i've seen the signs around town...wasn't that supposed to happen like RIGHT after the daycare closed? at least, that's what I thought!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love date nights and I'm glad you got to finish yours. My husband gets fascinated in Best Buy so I've learned to just take a book and stay in the car and read!!! It works out great!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the pool photos!!!!

    And the twitter thing to the right! I want one too! Do you text the messages too?

    ReplyDelete