Monday, July 07, 2008

Lagniappe

Just a few "extra" things from our 4th of July weekend:

1.) Amid all our activities this past weekend, Wayne and I did manage to watch some movies (My opinions in no way should influence your decision to catch these flicks, too). The first movie we watched was "Vantage Point." Thumbs down. Totally. Even Wayne didn't like it. Second movie, "Fools Gold." Now, I love Matthew McConaghey just like every other girl out there! I've had a crush on him since "A Time to Kill", but, as I told my BFF Leigh, I was disappointed in the movie. All the funny parts were in the previews (I still laughed out loud at those), but I just couldn't get in to the theme of the movie. Probably this movie and "Ed TV" are my worst MM movies. Third movie, "Over Her Dead Body." Finally, a winner! I laughed; I cried. I think I am an Eva Longoria fan now. I am definitly a Lake Bell fan! I thought she was so pretty and a wonderful actress!

2.) Two confessions here: Yes, I have a weakness for "People" (the website, not necessarily the magazine) and I am NOT a Jim Carey fan. So when I happened to find THIS on People's website over the weekend, you can imagine what I nearly did!! That apple pie a la mode almost came back to haunt me - as will forever this picture!! It just totally grosses me out!!! Jenny, how could you?!?

3.) Kudos to Venus and Serena Williams! Talk about sisterly love! Could you imagine playing against your sister or brother in something as important as Wimbledon? Congratulations Venus! And congrats go out to both sisters for then turning around and winning the coveted title for doubles!

4,) Speaking of sports...Wayne informed me Saturday morning (after he had been watching ESPN) that Brett Favre had not turned in his retirement paperwork and that the rumor is that he is considering making a return to the NFL. Hmmm.... I wasn't quite sure what to think about that one. I use to say, "Once retired, always retired," but there are some down-home-boy ties there to that little situation and maybe one day I'll be able to share them with you! Looks like I may have to go back on my word on that one and say, "If the man wants to play, let him play!!" He may just not be playing for Green Bay.

5.) In recent weeks, I've discovered my love for reading novels again and I have found a new author that I really like by the name of Kristin Hannah. Although I have not finished it yet, On Mystic Lake is a story about real life circumstances that make you laugh and cry real tears. I can't tell you how many times I've cried in my bubble baths, but that's a whole other story. I found this book at our local library.

6.) I am learning to despise "Hannah Montana." Not the person, and not necessarily the Disney sitcom itself, just the particular DVD version of the shows that we have! If a DVD could expire due to the amount of times it is played, our version would have been toast a long time ago! Although I do think that Alise is too young for HM, I do get a kick out of her dancing around in the living room and singing, "Best of Both Worlds." Look, we've watched this DVD so many times even Wayne is hooked! I think it was about Friday night when I just had to put my high heeled shoe down, throw a hissy fit, and say, "That's it! I can't take it anymore! No more Hannah Montana!" Alise and Wayne looked at me like I had gone mad! You should have heard Wayne! With his sad puppy dog voice he said, "Okay, Alise. I guess we gotta take Hannah Montana out." You betcha, Buddy! We're on a Hannah Montana fast at our house! Ya-hoo!! Moma wins again!!

Laura.Sign

8 comments:

  1. what in the world were you doing up at 5am? ever heard of that WONDERFUL thing called sleep? i know, i know...i can't say a whole lot about staying up too late :) love ya! i miss my baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, that pic of jim carrey---i didn't know if I should laugh or ralph!LOL!!! My husband was so excited to hear that you are a BAMA fan, as he is the biggest one EVER! He's from a small town in AL called Fayette. I've never known anyone who owned more Bama paraphenalia/clothing than him! :) Cute 4th pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You are full of all kinds of information! I'm with you, that pic of Jim Carey grosses me out. Why would she let him do that???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE reading your blog because you always have so much to say! LOVE IT!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so funny that your hubby is from Cullman, that is the exit we get off of to get to Gentry's hometown. Small world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go Momma! Take that HM movie right out. Tehe! Poor Alise. I didn't know she was so much into HM like that. Katie will announce when she sees or hears HM, but she has yet to watch a show or movie. We were are surfin' the tube and come across HM on Disney, I just keep clickin'. I'm so mean. Tehe!

    Love ya. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun list! I hear ya on needing to turn off the repetitive songs...I'd like to throw some of my little ones noisy toys out the window and into the trash can if you know what I mean. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My eyes, my eyes....

    I watched Fool's Gold and Vantage Point this past weekend too. Thought they were both okay, not great though, or even good really. Vantage Point was the better of the two though.

    ReplyDelete