Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I Won an Award, Ya'll!!

Hmm…let’s see. My first acceptance speech. Must be gracious, honest, and willing to acknowledge everyone who made this award possible. No shenanigans. No jumping over chairs or kissing the cute male presenter. No sweaty palms and no fingerprints on the award. Dress must be stunning with a little help in the front area. No, make that alotta help everywhere! Time for that color appointment and gosh, darn it! Where is that apocalipstick?.....OH! {Back to earth}

I WON AN AWARD, YA’LL!!!! In the words of Chonda Pierce, “How stinkin’ funny is that?!?!”

My dear friend Rachel was kind enough (and crazy enough!) to send me this distinguished award! I was so excited that I must’ve left about 10 thank you’s on her blog. Whell! I was being gracious!! You guys be sure to check out her blog. She is the best caterer and cook this side of Tennessee. She’ll even give Paula Dean a run for her money! Maybe you can coax her in to sending you that “Sunday Morning Coffee Cake” recipe (more on that later!).

There are specific instructions that must be followed now in order to maintain such status in blog world though, so here they are:

1. Put the logo on your blog.

2. Add a link to the person who awarded you.

3. Nominate at least seven other blogs.

4. Add links to those blogs on your blog.

5. Leave a message for your nominee on their blog.

Here are my picks for this most prestigious award:

You guys have just got to meet my newest blogging friend, Audrey. She loves to blog and post pics of her three favorite people in the world: hubby, Aidan, and Evan. I don’t think there is ever a dull moment in their house! They love to travel and visit places in their hometown of DC. She and I even cook our roasts the same way!!

My Louisiana friend, Candy, actually discovered ME! She and I attended the same college here in Monroe and we’re still ticked off about the university’s name change (more about that on another day). I think she is one of the best Moma’s in the world because she is always doing something with her kids…outside…in the hot summer sun! What a mom!

Jess was my first true fan. She’s been following me for a while now. I hate when her computer is on the blink because I miss reading her blog. Her kids are beautiful, but beware! She carries scissors in her hands! I love her own hair by the way! Why do stylists always have the best hair?

My next friend, Melanie, has just decided to go private, so I don’t think you will be able to visit her blog. You should try sending her an email if you can because it truly is one of my favorites! Her story about how her two little girls came to be will make you cry…and smile. Melanie and I are are two fru-fru sisters in a big pile of fru-fru!!

My home-chick, Amie. Amie has been a friend of our family for a while. She and I became friends when she worked at our church’s daycare where Alise went when I went back to work after maternity leave. Alise calls her, “My Amie.” Check out her story about the creepy bed adventure! You will roll on the floor and pee your pants!

Next is mine and Alise’s very own personal jewelry maker! My BFF, Leigh. Go visit her and tell her that she needs to add her bead and jewelry making art to Etsy! She won’t listen to me!!

And last but not least is my cousin and sweet sister, Mirya. Her hubby, Doug, and my man, Wayne, are first cousins. Doug and Mirya, along with Katie Bug, live in Alabama. Wayne and I got married two months before they did and our girls are two months apart! Doug and Wayne talk everyday on the phone, but Mirya and I keep up with each other on our blogs! I love her to death! BTW, we’re all going to the beach together in September. (Girl, you’ve been tagged AND awarded! You best hurry and get that computer fixed soon!!)

Thanks to ALL my bloggy friends!! I *heart* and *stalk* you all the time!

Laura.Sign

9 comments:

  1. How fun!! You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so dingy!! I was so excited about YOU getting an award that I forgot to say thank you!! I've never gotten one either!! You made my day...my week...maybe my whole year!! lol Thanks Laura!! I can't imagine my life without you in it, keeping me straight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Goodness Laura! You are SO SWEET and I am SO honored!!! You are my very first blogging friend and you showed me how wonderful the blogging community can be! Thank you so much for honoring my first attempt at a blog-it truly, truly has made my day, week, and year!! I'm not exaggerating either,lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura~
    I'm blushing..... You are truly one of the sweetest people I have never met;) (but would love to someday)
    OH MY.... THANK YOU!! I am sooooo excited... You have made my week for sure! You Rock!!! O.k... I need to compose myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW... did I mention I was excited??

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so funny!!! Me-a blog award? Yes, this is my first! Thank you for thinking of me!!! You are such a sweetheart and I can't wait to meet you and sweet Alise one day soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! Thanks so much for the comment on my blog! I love it when people comment, though it doesn't happen very often. I try to update pretty often, but sometimes I slack off. Keep reading, though! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You TOTALLY crack me up! I wanted to give this award to you, too, but knew you had already gotten it. To me, you are the "Blogging Queen!" I mean it! Maybe I'll start referring to you as BQ. Hee hee. I love reading about my fellow Horton's in another state! You guys are like the blond versions of us! Ha!

    ReplyDelete