Thursday, July 24, 2008

A Horrible Boss

I am such a horrible boss!!

A week ago from this past Monday, one of my employees, LF, celebrated a birthday. But if you remember, that particular Monday I was at home with Alise who was sick. I always get my employees cake and ice-cream for their birthday and with year end at work and Alise being sick, I just totally forgot about it! Another employee reminded me about it last Friday at 4:30!! I just felt awful!! So when I read my friend, Ashley's blog, I was reminded about Curl's Cupcakes. It's a new little "cupcakery" down from where I work and it was the perfect twist from the usual birthday cake. The shop was so neat with hot pink walls and the cupcakes were wonderful!! LF loved them and I was so glad! I apologized profusely about forgetting and she was so sweet to forgive me. Here are some pics from Tuesday of this week(Curl's was closed on Monday):



Gosh! I look like I need a cupcake in this picture!! So fat and my poor hair is stuck to my head because of the humidity (and running out in the middle of the afternoon to get cupcakes!)!! Any accountant can tell by looking at me it's either budget or year end!

And! One more picture. Our friend (and babysitter), Amie, just got back from vacationing with her family in Washington. She was so sweet to remember Baby Girl by sending her a postcard. Alise LOVED it! She loves getting things in the mail and the postcard with the whales on the front was just the thing! Amie, here's your picture:

I know you all think that all we do is let Baby Girl run around in her undies, but we really don't! It just so happens alot of my published pictures have been ones taken right after bath time.

By the way, I'm thinking about having a free "give-away" on my blog next week. Stay tuned and come back to visit to find out what it is! You'll have to leave a comment to get in the drawing. More about all that good stuff next week!

Laura.Sign

12 comments:

  1. Those cupcakes look delish! It sounds like you are really a good boss. Isn't it fun for your child to get mail? I just love that! I totally understand the undies thing. Ella Grace wants her shirt off a lot when we are at home. I think it's the heat! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy... And it sounds to me like you are a fantastic boss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry.... that was from me. I didn't know hubby was signed in:)
    jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful boss you are to make sure your employees feel special on their birthdays! I know I would have really appreciated it if my boss did that! And those cupcakes look SOO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cupcakes look great!!! It sounds like you are a very thoughful and sweet boss!!:) I'm sure she loved getting them and didn't care they were late! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Were those cupcakes as delicious as they looked? Yum! Girl, you critize yourself way too much because you look great.

    Take care and have a wonderful TGIF! You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know we had a cupcake shop like that! I'll have to go check it out when we get home. Glad you liked the pictures!! I didn't post any today, they look just like the other ones, just different colored swimsuits...lol

    A giveaway?? How fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry, that was me posting as Kevin earlier! I didn't know he was logged in instead of me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those cupcakes look delicious!!! I wish I could find a neat place like that in OKC. I've seen so many cute cupcakes in the blog world!! It was nice of you to still recognize her birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I agree with the Mason blogger, you look good and I love that blouse!! Its funny how cupckaes are all the rage but I think its perfect and how beautiful are they!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. noah is the same about getting mail. he just eats that up. Speaking of eating up, gimme one of those cakies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some of my favorite pics of the boys is just after bath! They are so soft and sweet! Great looking cupcakes! Don't think we have that kind down here in FL. :(

    Happy Birthday to your hubby! LOVE the pic with Alise and daddy....it's priceless!

    ReplyDelete