Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Banana Split Supreme

Some of you have asked for the recipe for my mom's "Banana Split Supreme" dessert from this weekend. Here it is:

1 1/2 cups Honey Maid Graham Cracker Crumbs
1 cup sugar, divided
1/3 cup butter, melted
2 pkg (8 oz each) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple, drained
6 medium bananas, divided
2 cups cold milk
2pkg (4 serving size each) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie filling
2 cups thawed Cool Whip topping, divided
1 cup chopped pecans
Mix crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and the butter; press firmly onto bottom of 13x9 pan. Freeze for 10 minutes.

Beat cream cheese and remain 3/4 cup sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Spread carefully over crust. Top with pineapple. Slice 4 of the bananas; arrange over pineapple.

Pour milk into medium bowl. Add dry pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk 2 min. until well blended. Gently stir in 1 cup of the whipped topping; spread over banana layer in pan. Top with remaining 1 cup whipped topping; sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate 5 hours. Slice remaining 2 bananas just before serving; arrange over dessert. Store any leftover in refrigerator.
(I dipped the bananas in Sprite so they would not turn dark)

Some suggestions were: to add cherry halves or dribble with chocolate ice cream topping or grate chocolate on top. It also said you could substitute: Philadelphia Neufchatel Cheese, 1/3 less fat than cream cheese; JELL-O vanilla flavor fat free sugar free instant pudding and Lite Cool Whip.

You can also go here and sign up for a FREE Kraft foods recipe magazine. It's great!!

P.S. For all you folks that have your cute kiddies on your blog eating watermelon, I am SOOOO jealous!! I wish I had thought of that!!

P.S.S. I saw Dr. Stanley today at the hospital. When we saw each other, we covered our eyes and said, "Hello." Pray that Alise doesn't get sick within the next week. It never fails that after I see him, within three days, we're in his office!! And she got her ears wet this weekend swimming and playing in the sprinkler. Ugh!!

Laura.Sign

7 comments:

  1. That dessert sounds YUM-O! Oh, I hope Alise stays well. Happy thoughts, happy thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds yummy! I will have to try that one:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Grandma used to make cookies called "banana splits." They were my favorite. I'll have to add this recipe to my collection!

    Please do not give a second thought to your comment the other day. I know what you were saying and did not feel offended in the least bit. I know where your heart was when you wrote it. I am doing okay today...it just seems to be hitting me really hard this year. We are going out to the water to release his 8 balloons this afternoon and then having a nice family dinner. Please say a little prayer for our family.

    God Bless and no worries. :)

    Hugs,
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That recipe sounds delicious!! Thanks for sharing. Just about everything that I cook comes from the Kraft magazine. :)
    Hope Alise doesn't get sick!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This recipe sounds delicious! Thanks for posting it!!
    Audrey :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting that delicious sounding dessert! I cannot wait to try it out! :) YUMMO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hallelujah! I think this is what will be served in heaven someday.

    And I LOVE the free Kraft Magazine...I've been using their recipes for a couple years now. So easy and yummy!

    ReplyDelete