Sunday, July 13, 2008

Alise's Rotten Weekend

Baby Girl had a pretty rotten weekend. It all started around 3:30 Saturday afternoon when she woke up from her nap. As soon as she came in the living room, I knew she didn't feel good. By 4:00 she was throwing up. She was still throwing up at 11:00 last night. I ended up sleeping with her and she seemed to sleep okay - only waking up a few times. We made it until about 8:45 this morning and the sickness started over again. This had been going on for over 12 hours and Alise had not been able to keep a single thing down. So, I called her doctor's office to see who was on call. Luckily, it was Dr. Stanley. I threw some clothes on me and Baby Girl and asked Wayne to go with us incase we had another accident in the car. As the nurse was leading us to a room, I saw Dr. Stanley in the hallway on the phone. When he saw us, his eyes got big as if to say, "Oh, no!!" (Remember I ran into him at the hospital last week and every time I see him, Alise ends up getting sick and requiring a visit to see him at his office within a week!) I wanted to say, "Yep, Doc! It's us!" When he finally came in the room, he mentioned it to Wayne and said, "I tried my best to cover my eyes, but I didn't want to be rude and not speak!" We all had a good laugh. Dr. Stanley decided to treat it as a stomach virus and prescribed the medicine to put on her wrists to help with the nausea. He also gave us something for if the virus started to "switch gears." As of now (6:30), she is still sick, but seems to be keeping things down a tad better. The medicine seems to be helping a little. I feel so sorry for her. It just breaks my heart. Her little tummy is so empty and she's lost about four pounds. I've held her and we've rocked in the recliner for most of the day. I know Baby Girl is sick when she doesn't even get up and dance to Hannah Montana! (Yes, because Alise has been sick, I have relented and let her -and her daddy - watch HM!) I plan to stay home with Alise tomorrow and give her time to -hopefully - get her strength back and start feeling better.

Sorry to gross you out, but this has been our weekend. Literally. We haven't done a thing! Wayne didn't even work on the house next door this weekend. Alise and I have spent the majority of the weekend in our pj's watching movies. And Wayne and I have stayed up late both Friday and Saturday nights watching movies that were so horrible, I'm not even going to mention them this week!!

Laura.Sign

7 comments:

  1. I am so so sorry Alise is feeling so crumby. Hopefully, the worst of it is over and she'll be feeling better and better with every hour. I think that's our job when our kids don't feel well - rock, cuddle and watch movies that make them happy (even HM)! Keep us posted. Hopefully tomorrow will be much, much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope she feels better and SOON. Just hold that sweet baby.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWW..poor Alise and poor mom and dad!! I'm so sorry that she has been sick all weekend. I hope she will be on the road to recovery soon. Keep us updated on how she is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor baby. I was so hoping that she would have felt better by this morning. Well, I hope she'll get to feeling better tomorrow morning. Viruses are so bad on little kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope Alise is better soon. Hopefully she will be dancing to Hannah Montana again in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awful! Don't you feel so helpless when they get sick like that? I never know who actually feels worse, Noah when he's sick, or me b/c i can't make it all better! I'll pray for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would avoid that doctor like crazy! Hee hee! I was glad to see in a later post that she is doing much better!

    ReplyDelete