Sunday, July 27, 2008

Apocalipstick

Apocalipstick. I just love that word. Actually, it's the title of a book that I picked up yesterday at our local library. All the Kristen Hannah books were checked out - much to my disappointment - she is my new favorite author - so I was desperately roaming the aisles looking for another book before Alise's hollering of "Moma!" from way across the other side of the library got loud enough that I would be asked to take my child and her set of lungs and leave!! (Really, it's okay, though. I've been taking Baby Girl to "Pajama Jam" ever since she was six months old! They know me. And they know Alise!) But I digress. I should have known when I saw the word {whisper} "sex" in a comment on the very front cover of the book that it wasn't the book for me. Maybe it was the bright red tube of lipstick on the cover that willed me even more, so I checked it out, grabbed my "Moma-hollering" child and said good-bye to the fine folks at the library. I admit, I do most of my reading in the bathtub, so I picked the book back up late last night and only made it through the first couple of pages. I could tell from that that the book was just gonna be a little too racey for this red-tube-lipstick-packing Moma. I dropped it off in the book drop on the way to church this morning! But I was so disappointed. I mean, what do you think with a title like "Apocalipstick"? I'm thinking...."Sweet Home Alabama", maybe some "Steel Magnolia" kinda reading....even the return of some crazy Yah-Yah Sisters! Nope. Wasn't meant to be. So, I picked up my second choice: another fictional novel about Queen Elizabeth. Yep. I know. Big difference, huh? I still like Apocalipstick! Maybe Ms. Hannah will consider the title for her next novel.


There are two stores in this world that I really hate to shop at. Not because I don't like their products, but because I can't shop them without spending beau coup (aka. "lots") of money. They are: Wal-mart and Sam's. Amazing! Those two stores are related. (And, by the way, I spend alota money at Target, too, but that store doesn't count!). Today after lunch, we went to Sam's. We were out of our "stock-pile" items so the trip was necessary. I mean, I couldn't even wash another load of clothes because I had no detergent! We spent TOO much money - just like I knew we would. But the whole point of this topic is to let you know that I found Alise a new pink polka dot raincoat by Osh-Kosh for less than $5!! She fell in love with it and begged me to wear it all afternoon! I finally caved and took a picture.



And here is a picture of my BAMA Baby! She's not happy. She's not happy because it's only the end of July and her Daddy has gone ape over Alabama football yet again! (It doesn't help that he is constantly getting email updates on Bama football from a lunatic with the initials T.L.!!) I am serious. Wayne tivoed nearly all the Alabama games last year, okay? We were AT the Bama v. LSU game and yet we had to watch it AGAIN ON TV last Thursday night! Wayne was so fired up about it that he couldn't sleep!! I was like, "Baby, you KNOW how the game is going to end, WHY are you putting yourself through this?!" And he said, "Because we shouldn't have lost!! We were winning at half time!!" The man is crazy over some Alabama football. (Psst! Just don't remind him that his alamater beat the socks off his favorite SEC team!!)

Now, for all you 800 LSU women who attended Coach Miles' "LSU 101" this weekend, I heard what you did!! Yelling and screaming and carrying on as you came running out of the tunnel....falling out all over the field and kissing the grass like a bunch of purple and gold crazy people!! What is with you, women!?! Show some class! Get you some Apocalipstick!! Perferably, in the shade of "crimson"!! {Laughing} I can say all that because most of those crazy women were women I knew!! Quit embarrassing me, will ya? I just wanna know one thing! When is Saban gonna have a "Bama 101"?
Laura.Sign

15 comments:

  1. What a sweet Raincoat you got for Alise! And for under $5-what a steal! I just love good bargains :) Alise looks so cute in her Bama T-Shirt too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a cute little girl. I think she looks just like you!I was just reading your post about the first ,second and third child. SO funny and true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubby is as obsessed with the Steelers as your sis of Bama. Crazy isn't it?!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter is too cute!!! I'm an OU Sonner fan but I loved her t-shirt and she was adorable!!!

    I cannot wait until college football starts. TV is so boring without it!!

    Crazy question....I love your fruit rug in the pictures. Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Laura, thank you for visiting my blog. Girl, I am a lipstick wearin' momma too! Won't catch me without it! Alise is too cute and I do love her new polka dot raincoat and it is too funny that she wanted to wear it all day. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been looking for a cute raincoat...and at a good price. They are all so expensive for how little they will wear it!

    Oh...football season is almost upon us! Our life is about to get interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Should I tell you that I have a Kristin Hannah book by my bed?? Guess I need to read it quick and get it back to our library.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have GOT to be kidding me!! What is the name of it? It's probably the one I'm waiting on at the library!!! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I knew I shouldn't have told you!! lol It's Angel Falls. I haven't started it so I could bring it to you. Did you know you can go online and request books from the other libraries here in town? Then you can just pick them up at the desk and Alise won't have to wait on you!! Poor Alise!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nope. That's not the one I'm waiting on. I called the library and the one I'm waiting on, "Firefly Lane," should be at our library this afternoon. It's suppose to be about two best friends growing up in teh '80's. You know I'm all about the '80's!! Anyway. How did you find out about this author?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm tellin ya.... Alise is adorable! Sorry I don't know much about Bama football... sorry;)

    I'm right there with ya on the Wal-Mart thing! That place is a money pit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovin' that raincoat. TOO TOO CUTE! Your husband IS a fan watching those games over. Maybe he should be an honorary coach!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All I can say is "Roll Tide, Baby, Roll Tide!" Whoo Hoo! (ha! ha!).

    Does Wayne know that Alabama shirts have just arrived at Hibbet's Sporting Goods? I picked up my Dad's shirt today. It says on the front "There no place like 'Bama'". As far as what's his name 101, how silly is that? We don't have Bama 101 because we know what's gonna happen. We're stompin' somebody (LSU/Monroe). We don't have to be lectured on the hows and whys. Tehe! (Just joking).

    ReplyDelete
  14. By the way, I'm sure Wayne would have appreciated you reading "Apocalipstick". You could have told him the Cliff's Notes version. Tehe!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete