Saturday, June 14, 2008

Ten Things I Learned this Week

Okay, so our baby sitter, Amie, IM’ed me the other night and told me that I needed to update my blog! (Imagine her talking to me that way! A-hem!) I told her that I didn’t have anything to blog about! I certainly didn’t want to chase off my new blogging buddies! {Smile} However……I do have some interesting bits of information that I thought I’d share. Here are a few things I learned or found out about last week when I was in my “silent mode”:

1. I absolutely ADORE Michael Buble!!! The first time I even heard his name was right after Christmas when tickets to his concert in Shreveport (around Valentine’s Day) were announced to go on sale by one of our local radio stations. I distinctly remember being in the Sonic drive-thru line thinking, “Who in the heck is Michael Buble?” The female DJ was going on and on about what a romantic date it would make and the male DJ was like, “Gag me with a spoon!” I had no idea! Wow! Look what I nearly missed! Michael Buble is THE new Frank Sinatra!! Check him out!

2. I discovered Pandora Radio and it is FABULOUS!! Thus, that’s how I discovered #1. I just can’t say enough about this site! I’ve been listening to it at work (Bye, bye, Finebaum!) and it is just the neatest thing! You can literally “make” your own music by choosing songs, artists, genres, whatever! (I IM’ed Amie about it the other night and she was like, “Yeah, whatever. That’s old news.” So most of you may already know about it. Forgive me. I’m behind the times, I guess.

3. You spell my new neice’s name: ANA LIYAH. It’s pronounced AH-NA-LEE-UH (two words). Did I tell you that she’s precious? I was going to fix dinner one night for Chad and Allison, but they are off galavanting and showing off their new baby girl, so I’ll hafta do it a little later.

4. I got the latest Kelly’s Kids catalog in the mail this week. I haven’t had time to see if the website has been updated for the new fall line, but there is THE cutest pink and brown polka dot outfit that I would love to get for Alise. Cute stuff!

5. I found a new definition for “PMS”! The definition is “an ovary-action.” I laughed so hard when I read that! {Still laughing}

6. If you love Sephora – and you friends of mine know how much I love Sephora!-I have found out about another similar store from a friend at work (Yes, her initials are L.C.). Go to The Skin Store. I haven’t had time to really look around the site, but I did order some Philosophy shaving cream (for men and women, but I told Wayne, “hands off, buddy!”). It is WONDERFUL!! The best thing is that The Skin Store doesn’t charge tax or shipping! AND, I got a nice little free bag of “goodies” in my shipment, too! They have everything you could possibly think about!!

7. I found a Yankee Candle fragrance that I like: "Peach & Sweet Berries." It's very nice and not to "fruity." My kitchen smells wonderful!

8. I love, love, love the Etsy website! It is just amazing!! I found it from my new blogging friend, Bri. I think I'm liking it better than Ebay right now. God blessed alota people with so much creativity and sense of style! Unfortunately, I wasn't one of them! Instead, he gave me the heart of the "buyer." I've been trying to convince my personal jeweler, Leigh, to put some of her wonderful jewelry pieces out there! We'll see.

9. Alise got some "fizzy dinosaur eggs" for her birthday from a friend from school. After the egg fizzes in the tub, a dinosaur "pops out." She absolutely loves them! So, when she ran out, I emailed Gina - Grant's mother who gave Alise the gift - and asked where in the world she found them. You wouldn't believe it, but she found them at a local discount chain store, Fred's, so we bought some more this week. They smell amazing even if a dinosaur does "appear." I think they would be perfect for little boys, too.

10. And last, but not least, I met a pretty amazing Moma last night that is in love with her little boy, John Carter. Stacy, if you're reading this, I hope to hear from you soon that you've set up your own blog!! Here are a few pics from last night at dinner with the O'Neal's: John Carter & his mom, Stacy

I love this picture!!

Alise & John Carter were bashful, but they eventually
hugged each other.
Todd, John Carter, & Stacy O'Neal


Laura.Sign

4 comments:

  1. I love Sephora too! It's like make up candy store! I just wish that we had one close to here..it's always the first thing I look for when I travel to a new place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have recently fallen in love with Etsy, too. And, I am going to have to check out that Yankee candle scent. I LOVE Yankee candles! I think you and I have a lot in common (other than being Hortons...ha).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thanks for the Etsy website. I love it! Peggy and I looked through some little girls dresses. They remind us so much of "Smartie Britches" up the road.

    Doug will be sad to hear that you've dropped Finebaum for another man. Boo! (Ha! Ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic list! So glad you love Etsy!!!! Isn't it amazing??! I get so much inspiration from all the talent I see there. I think my next purchase will be a sun bonnet for my daughter!

    PS - I love Michael Buble too!

    ReplyDelete