Monday, June 23, 2008

Inspired

One of my favorite things about blogging is getting to "meet" so many neat people! It's just amazing to me that something like the internet has allowed people who would probably never meet to actually come together and form friendships that, due to being miles apart, would probably otherwise never happen. I've learned that the world can be a very small place. It's the people, and their stories that I love so much. All of us - in some way or other - have a story to tell. Whether it's the amazing things that God is doing in our lives, the books we're reading, "big" news to share, or the latest craziness with the kiddies, all of us have a story to tell. And let me just say, some of those stories are REALLY good! {Smiling} I have made new friends that make my laugh, cry, reminisce over my own life, and sometimes even THINK (Imagine that!)! They inspire me. Where else can you go to get the best ideas and web sites than from your blogging buddies? I just want to say, "Thank you!"

Having said that, I want to introduce you to two of my new friends:

I can't remember how I stumbled across Leigh Ann's blog, but she lives close to my brother in Arkansas and I SO hope we can meet one day! Leigh Ann's six year old son, Evan, has been diagnosed with autism. Visit her blog to find out what three best friends from Tennesse -who have never met Leigh Ann - have decided to do in honor of Evan. I don't want to give all the details here, but what an inspiration!! The world could be such a better place if everyone cared like these girls do!

I met Melanie just last week through the blog, Pink Lemonade and Peonies. Melanie and her husband have adopted two beautiful little girls, but you have to go to her site to read all about it. I just had tears in my eyes as I read her story ("Our Journey to Chloe") and was reminded of how so important the family relationship is and how God honors those who are willing to share their hearts and homes with children who would otherwise not know what "family" really means.

I hope their stories inspire you as much as they did me. Love to all!
Laura.Sign

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely agree with everything you said. And...I read the entry about your date night...your husband is a very lucky man!!! I guess it's comforting to know that trooper was paying attention like that. Not very romantic though, I'm sure! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I am constantly inspired by total strangers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie's blog is prettiesandposies.blogspot.com

    She & her husband are very inspiring! And their daughters are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Laura. You are so sweet. I am so glad I found you through blogging. I have had the best time getting to know you (I still think we may be related...ha) and your sweet family. Thank you for mentioning our family and Evan's story. I have been so touched by all of you that have reached out to us. Thank you for that! Aren't Megan, Meagan and Lauren just amazing! If you ever come to see your brother, we have got to meet! Wouldn't that be so fun! I, too, have been so inspired by fellow bloggers. It has been a blessing to me that I wasn't expecting...so much more than a scrapbook.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, Laura! I am relatively new to blogging and I agree, I have met so many wonderful people!(you!)
    I just got back from Mackinac Island so I am trying to visit and catch up with everyone. Your reward jar sounds very similar to Annabelle's potty basket. At almost 4 she has been the most stubborn little thing to train. Last week, out of desperation I took many of her favorite stuffed animals, put them in a basket and told her that each time she uses the potty she can get one back...if she has an accident, one goes back in the basket. I have tried everything and this one finally seems to have worked!!!! Tough Love is hard work:)

    ReplyDelete