Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day 2008

I hope you and your family had a WONDERFUL Father's Day! The Horton's sure did!

I actually played the part of the Proverbs 31 woman (You know....that verse that says, "She rises early"? Ha!) this morning and got up in time to put smothered steak in the crockpot for lunch after church AND I made my man some cinnamon rolls (Okay, so they were "wop" cinnamon rolls, but they were still good!). We actually beat the "8:45 crowd" to church this morning and Alise went right in to her Sunday School with no problems. Life was good.

We had lunch, took naps and then my mom and dad came over at 6:00 for peach cobbler and ice cream (see the wonderful recipe below!)! Yum! It was SO good! Alise was so hyper to see her Nana & Papaw.

Here is our day in pictures:


My Man & Baby Girl before church this morning.
Me & Baby Girl before church. I had just finished fixing her hair.
Eating popsicles with Daddy this afternoon.


Helping Daddy open his card. Alise is getting so good with spelling her name. She can make an "A" ,"L" & "I"!!
The hug!Here is Baby Girl prancing around in her Daddy's new pajama/lounge pants!
OH! And I nearly forgot! The wonderful peach cobbler recipe! Here goes: The absolute best!!

One of Alise's little friends from school left a book chain letter in her locker at school last week. The whole thing sounds really neat. There are two names/addresses/ages of the child(ren) on the letter; you move one name up and add your children's names. You could receive up to 36 books in the mail for just buying one book for the #1 child on the list. I think I read that you can even use discount shipping. Hmm...just wondering if anyone was interested. The books would be age appropriate for your child and it's a great way to build that reading library!! If so, email me and let me know and I'll send you the letter. I know Alise would love getting books in the mail!

Have a great week!

Laura.Sign

5 comments:

  1. OH, she can put Remy on the list!!!! He loves those chain things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...email me a clundell111@cs.com...I can't find yours. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures of you guys with Alise are so precious! Ella has that same cat she is holding and LOVES it. It goes everywhere with us. :) I'm glad you had a good day. Now, that is my kind of recipe. I knew I liked you for a reason!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie pie. I like your blog!

    Water aerobics isn't as difficult as say, kickboxing. It was more of a challenge to be coordinated. :) I think I will go back again--actually, I was going to last night, but I didn't get away from work in time.

    ReplyDelete