Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Come N' Git it, all you Southern Belles

Have you seen the "Southern Belle" t-shirts? They are SO cute with their funny "southern girl" quips and quotes and so bright colors! I think every "Southern Belle" should own one. I got my brown and hot pink SB shirt last fall at the Canton Flea Market in Mississippi. The saying on my shirt reads, "All A Girl Really Needs is a Little Confidence and Alota Pink Lipstick." Too cute! Imagine my surprise when Wayne and I were in the mall Saturday night and the Camouflage Shop had racks and racks of these t-shirts with the flip-flops to match!! I would have loved to get another one, but I never found one with a cute saying that really fit me (the pink lipstick saying fits me to a T!!!). I vote that we ALL - Southern Belles near and far - where ever you are - unite as ONE and buy an SB t-shirt (then we can blog about them and see which ones we all got!). If you've never seen them, you can click here for their website. The best part is free shipping! Oh, and check out the Christian/Cross t-shirts, also (Don't mean to downplay those t-shirts but I didn't know anything about those styles)!

Oh, and just one more piece of lagniappe (a Louisiana term meaning "something extra") for you Southern Belles out there!...I want to introduce you to our very own Shellie Rushing Tomlinson. She is a local Southern author, story teller, adventurist, and "Southern Belle" enthusiast. Shellie just completed a booked called, Suck Your Stomach in & Put some Color On!: What Southern Mamas Tell Their Daughters That the Rest of Y'all Should Know Too (Now is that a title or what?) and I must say that it is hil-arious!! I haven't finished reading it yet, but I was laughing out loud in the nail salon the other night (Imagine poor Vietnamese Kim's face as she was scrubbing my feet! She thought she was really tickeling me!!). You Southern Girls just hafta get it! I found my copy at our local Lifeway store, but I'm sure you can find it in any bookstore. It would make the perfect "beach book" of gift for another Southern friend. Check out Shellie's site, "All Things Southern" here. Enjoy!


Laura.Sign

9 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read that book! And congratulations on your new niece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura! I found you through a Google alert that tracks mentions of my book. Thank you so very much for the warm review. And thank you for your witness to our Lord. Good stuff! By the way, I sure hope you didn't get a botched pedicure from giggling. :))))

    Thanks again!
    Hugs,
    Shellie
    http://www.allthingssouthern.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to find that book! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The book looks great! I would love to read it. I'm all for the Southern Belle T-shirts:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for Southern gals!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great book. I will have to get my hands on it before vacation. Cute shirts too! Sounds like I need to go shopping! Oh darn:) Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that book sounds so funny!! Will have to get it for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Laura..
    Actually my name is pronounced like "Alice"...just spelled with a "y"!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl, I've been flipping over to your blog wanting to read something new.

    Thanks for the advice on my problem.

    ReplyDelete