Sunday, June 01, 2008

Chocolate Face

Welcome to the world of a three year old! Alise has only been a three year old for a week and boy, has her attitude and temper changed!! She wigged out again Friday night at my mom and dad's (the second time in two days!) so she got a spanking when we got home. Wayne and I talked and thought it best that I not take her to get her first mani-pedi on Saturday morning - a late birthday present that she has yet to cash in on because of her behavior. We thought we would wait until next weekend. Instead, we hung out at the house and only got out long enough to go to the library and grocery store. I made Crawfish Ettouffe (see pictures and recipe below) and split it with a friend's family from church.

I've been in the reading mood lately so I was glad that Alise insisted that we go inside the library when I thought I could just drop one of her books in the book drop. The bad news was that the library's computer system was down and I didn't have my card on my key chain, so I had to go back home and get it - but that's another story. Luckily, the librarian agreed to hold the books for me. I was so glad because I had actually found three books for myself on the "New Adult Fiction" shelf. This is the novel - I like novels the best - that I'm reading now: On Wings of the Morning by Marie Bostwick. If any of you have read this book, let me know and whether or not you liked it. So far, I really like it, but I've only gotten through about four chapters. I'm trying to figure out if Marie Bostwick is a Christian author or not? Let me know the answer to that question, too. I love historical romance novels (not the awful kind) and this is one of them...set back back before WWII. I'll let you know if it's a "must read."

Hello, summer! It has been awfully hot here! I've started laying out sundresses and tank tops with small straps for Alise to wear to school. Did I tell you that she has a slight tan on her feet from her flip flops? It's so cute!

My man and I watched two good movies this weekend, "Untraceable" with Diane Lane and "Cleaner" with Samuel L. Jackson and Ed Hurst. They were good movies...suspense types. The language was a little left to be desired. Tomorrow night, I get to watch "my" movie, "Elizabeth." Wayne refuses to watch it, so I'll probably get to watch it tomorrow while he does some work on the inside of the house we bought next door.
And I just couldn't end without showing you a pic of Baby Girl with her chocolate face. Here, she had been licking the beaters from the chocolate cupcakes we made this weekend. Too cute! I could just eat her up sometimes!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Laura! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog to say hi! I love hearing from other moms like myself. Your blog(s) are great as well and I look forward to browsing through today.

    That little chocolate face is just precious!

    ~Bri~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura. I'm so glad you stopped by my blog! I love making new friends through blogging! Alise is adorable. I totally understand that 3-year-old attitude. Someone told me once "Whoever thought of the terrible twos, never met a 3-year-old," and I totally agree. The threes were much harder than the twos with my son, and I think little girls just have more natural sass in their genes! Ha! I love the pictures of your family. You are a cute trio! I'll look forward to reading more about you, and I hope you come back and see me, too! Have a great week!
    Leigh Ann

    ReplyDelete